• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notes from Last Year vs SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Just rewatched the game from last year and here is the Cliff Notes version.  

Marlon Mack didn't play, so the carries went to Tice (9/50) and DJ (9/30)

QF ran for over 200 yards, however he only threw for 97 (thanks to some drops)

Defense had 8 tackles for loss and the rushing average was only 3 yards per carry

Jamie Byrd and Deatric Nichols were all over the field making plays, physical ones too

Tajee Fullwood had a great game returning punts.  His average return was 27 yards on 3 punts, setting up the last TD on the 7 yard line

Chris Barr led all receivers with 3 catches (he had one miraculous catch on a prayer thrown by QF, but a worse drop on a wide open bomb that would have been a TD)

Play of the game was a huge run by QF which he fumbled and a hustling Marlon Pope saved the day with a recovery on the 5 that led to a huge TD

Final score:  USF 38  SMU 14

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, JoeB said:

Just rewatched the game from last year and here is the Cliff Notes version.  

Marlon Mack didn't play, so the carries went to Tice (9/50) and DJ (9/30)

QF ran for over 200 yards, however he only threw for 97 (thanks to some drops)

Defense had 8 tackles for loss and the rushing average was only 3 yards per carry

Jamie Byrd and Deatric Nichols were all over the field making plays, physical ones too

Tajee Fullwood had a great game returning punts.  His average return was 27 yards on 3 punts, setting up the last TD on the 7 yard line

Chris Barr led all receivers with 3 catches (he had one miraculous catch on a prayer thrown by QF, but a worse drop on a wide open bomb that would have been a TD)

Play of the game was a huge run by QF which he fumbled and a hustling Marlon Pope saved the day with a recovery on the 5 that led to a huge TD

Final score:  USF 38  SMU 14

Go Bulls!

Thanks for the recap. Always enjoy this kind of reading the morning of game day!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks Joe.  Highly doubtful we can hold them to 14 again, but maybe Woodie looked back at this film and saw that some aggressive D was helpful.  8 TFLs was probably a season high for us last year (definitely would be this year!).

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Big difference in defense from last year. This year our offense is better with an extra year gelling together. Offense must keep the pedal to the metal.

what's the status of Nadelman?  If he is not playing, then we need to be even more aggressive on offense because we cannot rely on his backup. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I love TDS's headline

An improving SMU team is on the verge of bowl eligibility. It’s up to USF to stop them outscore them.

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/11/19/13684076/usf-football-vs-smu-braeden-west-chad-morris-willie-taggart-quinton-flowers-marlon-mack

Side note - we're 13 point favorites, I don't think we cover. Today will likely go to the last team to score in a seesaw game