• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board Menace

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

We have been experiencing problems with some folks abusing our board here and would like your help.

There is a new Big East board, its URL is http://bigeastboard.proboards42.com/index.cgi?action=login, that has been non-stop in its solicitation of our members here.  It has been ongoing for a few weeks.  They have posted advertisements for the site (while insulting this site), they have registered phony accounts for the sole purpose of IM or emailing all members and most recently told me they would only stop if we linked to them (they've never asked for a link, but extortion is not out of the question   ;) )

Because of these perps, we have had to change the way we run the site.  We have had to delete the numerous posts which contribute nothing but a derogatory advertisement, we have had to turn off guest posting, we have had to review new member accounts and we have had to restrict the Board IM (PM) service - no longer can new accounts use this.

I have been to this Big East site and asked them to stop several times via posts (deleted) and IMs over the last 3-4 weeks - they have ignored in action, but answered with either lip service or threats of continued annoyance.

We have a couple members here that they recruited to be moderators there.  I ask that CubanBull and AstroBull make some effort to negate this from their new board - it is annoying.  They do not get the point that as long as they harass our members, we will not link to them.

For the members here, we wish to keep this the best board available for Bulls fans and others.  We apologize for the spam IMs you may have received.  But we want you to know we are trying to stop these pests.

Even today, after closing down an account yesterday and asking for them to cease and deisist, they went at it again.

Please report any unsolicited IMs or emails as well as any posts that should be reviewed.  Please report all to Velcrogrip, GarySJ or Bulliever.  You can IM us or email me at Bulliever@southfloridabulls.com, Velcro is at velcrogrip@thebullspen.com.

Thanks for your help.

Bulliever

Modified by Bulliever to correct spelling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

That board totally sucks.  Why would anyone want to post there anyway?  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Their head admin has informed me that he has dealt with the one guy whose IP we had from back in August.  Furthermore, he has posted on his front page a request that no one else from there does this sort of thing here again.  I appreciate him taking action and the steps to discourage that activity.  Will open up guest posting again soon and as soon as we are sure there will be no abuse of our board, we'll be back to normal.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Sorry i was not aware that it was going on.I post and became a moderator on the USF section of that board because i feel the more boards that the BE and USF can be discussed its for the better of our school. I will do all i can to let them know to stop this problem

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Cubanbull, I also am a member of that board. I only posted a few times.

DW4uconn

In the spirit of reconciliation between the Bullspen and ProboardBigEast, I have decided to modify my comments peviously posted. Hopefully, the problems you have experienced have been resolved.

The Proboard members have been cooperative with our board when asked to stop certain practices. We are currently investigating to see if our membership was contacted in a similar way. However, it is my hope that such practices have not occurred on our forum and if they have then hopefully it will stop as well.

I have no desire to visit that forum in the future. As for the Bullspen.com, I love this place. I have put several links to your board on most all of our forums and I have encouraged our members to sign up here and post. I look forward to having a great relationship with the Bullspen. If anyone experiences any problems whatsever with one of our members, please contact our administrator. Our board is http://bigeastboards.com/

Thank you,

DW

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  15

Yeah, I am a mod over on http://bigeastboards.com/  and have heard nothing but good things about the BullsPen too.  If you ever have any problems with any of our members spamming your boards please let us know.  

GoCards and GoCards1 Here

• 3 weeks later...

Apparantly the administration over there on Proboards think I AM THE MENACE.  I received a thank you PM on Bigeastboards.com from one of the Admins there stating how pleased he was that I modified a post I made on this thread about a month ago that he felt put his board in an unfair negative light.  I had changed my post out of respect for both this forum and Proboards. Little did I realize he was already right on top of what goes on here because his thank you was almost simultaneous to my modification,  So, all was well, right?? Hardly.

I went on to proboards a couple of nights ago and found them discussing ME and problems we at Bigeastboards.com were having on our SJU fan forum. They even posted a link to the Bigeastboards.com SJU forum so their members could see the problems we were having.  I felt compelled to respond and feel my responses to their posts were appropriate and civil, yet THEY BANNED ME!!

Here is a link to what I said, does anyone think I deserved to be banned?

http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1001

It bothers me that it was ONE OF THEIR MODERATORS coming over to our board who was one of the primary posters causing the troubles we were experiencing. Despite the fact that one of their Moderators was acting unruly on our board, we still resisted banning the poster in question. Despite the troubles caused, we do not take banishing posters lightly. I feel I was banned unfairly by Proboards and was giving no explanation. They certainly had to be aware of the behavior of one of their moderators on another board. Yet, in their posts, they say that all would be welcomed from the Bigeastboards.com except one member - a member being targeted by the actions of one of their OWN MODERATORS. So though they could admonish a member from another board for poor behavior, nothing was said about the behavior of their OWN moderator that was equally poor.

Please remove this post if you at all feel it is in any way inappropriate for me to be discussing this matter on this thread or your board period. I certaining do not want to cause a problem for anyone.  We at Bigeastboards.com want to continue our good relationship with the Bullspen.com.

DW

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1

It sounds to me like that DW is just jealous that the big east proboards site is better than his site.