• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mr. Brent Schaeffer

Guest Harvey Jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

''It's good to be back home,'' Schaeffer says with a smile. ``It feels good.''

I hope "home" is in Fla as in "South Florida".....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He's a family guy it seems, how close is Tampa to Deerfield Beach?  Is Deerfield Beach 3A??

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

I think that is in Broward County.

I know it's a lot closer than Tenn!  ;D

He was in 6-A:

CLASS 6A First Team Offense

QB…Brent Schaeffer, Deerfield Beach, 6-3, 190, Sr.

I remembered when he visited Tenn he said this:

We visited their center that assists football players with their academic studies. This really impressed me because academics are a big part of my decision. I want to go into graphic design.

He was then going to visit USF and some of the posters here were trying to determine if we even had such a program.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393

Deerfield Beach is indeed in Broward County. It is about ten miles north of Fort Lauderdale and about ten miles east of my city of Coral Springs. I am a Broward County teacher like Brent's mom. I can e-mail her via the school board ethernet mail. I would like to do so and tell her why her son should transfer to USF. Do you think that is a good idea?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

dont' think that is a good idea... compliance might have a problem with it

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

HS could parallel college if he comes here!

For what it's worth:

Word is UCF, South Florida and Memphis are pursuing former Deerfield Beach QB Brent Schaeffer, who's transferring from Tennessee . . . There's internal concern on FSU's staff that QB Xavier Lee might transfer. Wyatt Sexton will be the Seminoles' starter.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11498269.htm

Do we have room on the bench for Lee too? :)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  26

They're not, but there's no rule like that anyway.

UCF's tentative 2007 OoC schedule:

@ Tennessee

@ Florida

@ Pitt

MTSU

If UCF builds the oncampus stadium, I'd expect them to drop the one-road-game Tennesse deal, in favor of adding a winnable home game. The stadium forcasts are based on 6 annual home games... we're not dropping Florida, and Pitt is giving us a home game in 2008.

But I've never heard of the no-transfer rule re OoC teams either...

UCF_Cardinals...Didn't the UCF BB coach refuse to give a release to the Graham twins to come here? I seem to vaguely recall reading that before they transferred to Oklahoma State.

UCF_Cardinals...Didn't the UCF BB coach refuse to give a release to the Graham twins to come here? I seem to vaguely recall reading that before they transferred to Oklahoma State.

I found one article, which said that UCF was initially hesitant to give them a release to an in-stae school, but then did. So, I guess a school can do that if they want.

"Graham Brothers Seeking Transfer

Published: Apr 19, 2002

TAMPA - Twins Joey and Steve Graham, former Brandon High standouts now at Central Florida, want out of Orlando.

Joe Graham, their father, said he is looking into transferring his sons to Florida State, Miami, Florida, South Florida or at least 11 other schools outside the state. USF only has one scholarship available.

``I understand that this will be a tremendous blow to UCF, but my sons need to be challenged,'' Graham said. ``I want to see if they can compete on a higher level.''

Joey Graham, a 6-foot-6 guard, averaged 13.3 points and 5.6 rebounds last year and would have been UCF's leading returning scorer. Stephen, a 6-6 forward, averaged 12 points. The twins started every game for UCF (17-12).

Joe Graham said UCF has granted him permission to contact out-of-state schools. He said UCF was initially hesitant about allowing the Graham's to inquire with in-state programs, but have granted him permission.

If the Grahams transfer to another Division I-A program, they must sit out the 2002-03 season, something they are willing to do.

When the twins were recruited out of high school, they made it clear to coaches they were a package deal. Now they are willing to split up if they can't attend the same school.

Anwar S. Richardson"