• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Last Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

ECU and UConn were strange road games last year. The ECU game was sloppy due to the weather, but the team was still trying to find their footing. The culture has definitely improved from being a let down team to understanding how to win. Think the overall team leadership will help out; combine that with what appears to be a banged up ECU and it shouldn't be as close as last year. 

Edited by Ionbull

• Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I was looking at the stats of that game and had to double take because ECU's offensive numbers were really good aside from the turnovers. With that being said, it's hard to tell how good/not good UCF's defense is. We have to come out playing strong like normal. 

I dunno what you saw, they went 32 carries for 33 rushing yards.. Combined their QBs were 38/70 (so just a smidge over 50%) at 7 YPA. So they had 132 plays, 521 yards, or roughly 3.95 YPP. 

Conversely, USF against Cincy had 81 total plays for 454 total yards, at 5.6 YPP. Cincy against us last game, scoring those 20 points, even averaged 5.17 YPP.

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

I dunno what you saw, they went 32 carries for 33 rushing yards.. Combined their QBs were 38/70 (so just a smidge over 50%) at 7 YPA. So they had 132 plays, 521 yards, or roughly 3.95 YPP. 

70+32 = 102 plays.

About 5.1 a play.

• Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Ah crud I think I added the rushes twice. 

edit: Sanjay, at one point I included some numbers from the NCAA's website.. Thankfully I realized those were for last season lol. Too bad I missed that one. I thought 130 plays was a lot. 

Even so, they put up comparable numbers on UCF as Cincy did to us... and I'd argue Cincy's team is better. 

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

Conversely, USF against Cincy had 81 total plays for 454 total yards, at 5.6 YPP. Cincy against us last game, scoring those 20 points, even averaged 5.17 YPP.

I guess I was speaking more of the 488 passing yards. That's quite a good number. Regardless we should be able to come in and dominate. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This is the type of offense the 4-2-5 is designed to slow down.   We shall see.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

32 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

Ah crud I think I added the rushes twice. 

edit: Sanjay, at one point I included some numbers from the NCAA's website.. Thankfully I realized those were for last season lol. Too bad I missed that one. I thought 130 plays was a lot. 

Even so, they put up comparable numbers on UCF as Cincy did to us... and I'd argue Cincy's team is better. 

Yeah the 130 plays was what caught my eye. Eye-popping as it were.

• Upvote 1