• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Stuff from todays ST Pete Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm sure Pitt could get away with playing on the freeway, how many USF fans to you suppose would be willing to spend the day at a high school?

I was just trying to point out how fortunate we were to have played in RJS. I think it was a good thing for Brighthouse to step up and sponsor the spring game. God knows I give them enough of my money. I think they look at it as a long term commitment. Channel 47 looks like it will be dedicated to local sports. Finally we may actually see some basketball and football away games on T.V. ESPN has killed local sports coverage. USF B-Ball used to get tons of play on T.V. locally until ESPN was concerned about taking eyeballs away from their game of the night. I think Brighthouse realizes this was a long term investment. The more attention they can get for USF football, the more they can charge advertisers for USF away games. And the less likely I am to sign up for satellite service. Just think if all diehard fans switched or stay with Brighthouse because they carry USF B-ball and football games. I pay $60 a month. Times that by 4,000 and you get $240,000 a month. Well worth the $20,000 dollars to promote USF football.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

So we spent 15-20K of a sponsors money and quite a bit of ours for an event that garnered 70 tickets and what else?

The chance for the players to play in a beautiful stadium after toiling away for weeks on a practice field ......... Plus, it gave them a chance to practice their home half-time routine.  8)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not speaking in that strict of a sense.  I'm only theorizing how much a season ticket cost us directly or indirectly.  Sure Brighthouse paid a good portion of the rent, but we traded a product to them.  From most accounts it was dull and not much of an "event."  The product itself on the field has been widely criticized.   I wonder if Brighthouse would make that trade again.  So we spent 15-20K of a sponsors money and quite a bit of ours for an event that garnered 70 tickets and what else?  Sure it was their money, not ours, but was it a sound deal all the way around?  We'll see.  If they don't the real cost per ticket sky rockets next year.

Unfortunately the product on the field was boring but that wouldn't have changed no matter where it was held. You would have to think that when brighthouse decided to sponsor the event that their expectation (based on past spring games) had to be quite low. In other words it would be hard to imagine that they went into this expecting much interest and by doubling attendance they probably had a pleasant surprise on the potential interest of this team. I would also expect that to hold much more weight to future oportunities then how exciting the particular event was. If on the other hand they look at the boring offense and use that to base decision to no longer sponsor us then it also doesn't matter where the event was held. Either way if that happened then we would still be out of luck and then honestly what would a loss of a few thousand bucks mean in the longer term?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yes to keith

no to ryals/dimmel

yes to big east championship being  in tampa

yes to burke

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

70 x $7.00/beer x 4 qtrs x 5 games = $9,800 for the Glasers.  That's half the rent!

Yeah, That's just about what I pay for beer, how'd you know?    ;)