• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schaeffer Update from the Sporting News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i think you give a scholarship upon transfer... as Pat Carter is receiving one now (i believe)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien
i think you give a scholarship upon transfer... as Pat Carter is receiving one now (i believe)

Not necessarily.  Hannaford is a walk-on and will try to earn one in the spring.  We've had others like Ean Randolph that are pref walk-ons trying to earn a schollie.

I see... but when you are talking about someone like Schaeffer, i doubt he would accept a walk on status.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Come home Brent.....

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

????  Where did Leavitt make those comments about off-the-field-problems?  Charles was considering many schools, and wasn't exclusive to USF.  Guess what, we might have been full on scholarships before Charles was considering and Leavitt just made that comment to placate the media and grab some good will....lord knows he hasn't been afforded much by the media lately.

First you question if Leavitt ever made the comment, and then in the next breath you are saying weelllll maybe he "made that comment to placate the media and grab some good will".  

You are the King of spin Bien.  Wow.  

What is your obsession with protecting the coaching staff, you defended thier decision to stick with Julmiste even though it was obvious to everyone he was horrible, although you are stepping back from that stance now.  You still continue to defend Hobbie who was at best a High School calibur football coach.  And everytime someone mentions something about anything else that you dont agree with as I did above you try to spin an answer to come to thier defense.

I have to ask again, is Bien latin for "Hobbie" or something?  Who are you?

Spence, Bien is spanish for good/well

Hobbie's play calling is anything but good/well

Therefore

Hobbie is not Bien

;D

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

If Danny Muy's sister marries Steve, she'd be Muy Bien!

man, i wish he was going to play football

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

man, i wish he was going to play football

Agreed.

I supposed he could still decide to play here, depending on his mom.  She is and should be the priority and I'm glad he's there for her.  Family First.

Guest S. Bie

First you question if Leavitt ever made the comment, and then in the next breath you are saying weelllll maybe he "made that comment to placate the media and grab some good will".  

You are the King of spin Bien.  Wow.  

What is your obsession with protecting the coaching staff, you defended thier decision to stick with Julmiste even though it was obvious to everyone he was horrible, although you are stepping back from that stance now.  You still continue to defend Hobbie who was at best a High School calibur football coach.  And everytime someone mentions something about anything else that you dont agree with as I did above you try to spin an answer to come to thier defense.

I have to ask again, is Bien latin for "Hobbie" or something?  Who are you?

Spence,

I can get by with your constant ignorant banter, but attacking my post when you didn't read it thoroughly that's where I draw the line.

I ASKED YOU WHEN, OR WHERE JIM MADE THOSE COMMENTS.

I am still waiting Spence.  Don't flip this on me, you accused Jim of saying something and I was inquiring when and where.  As for my follow-up comments they were just assuming your post's validity and pontificating that IF INDEED JIM SAID THAT then USF probably already had all it's scholarship availability gone by the time Charles started inquiring....Hannaford asked before Charles and we didn't have a schollie available for him.

As for Hobbie, well I can't see how a guy can do so good for 2 years then we have QB problems, and lose all of our good WR's and suddenly he's a goat.  Two/thirds of the problems with the play calling had to do with personnel and not the person calling.  As for PJ, well check him out in practice and you see a guy that's trying and has potential.  The time it takes him to develop could be too long for USF but one thing is for certain is that PJ was forced into service well before he was ready or capable of helping USF.   Also, it should be noted that this is Leavitt's offense, and this isn't changing so if you don't like the offense then don't hate Hobbie hate Leavitt.  At least know the facts.

Now, how about telling me where Leavitt made those comments regarding Charles.