• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roddy Peters Dismissed from MBB Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Was this kind of out of left field for anyone else?  Was looking forward to tis kid running an uptempo point, and the the fracture, and then...this.  Wonder what the story is?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Daniel Giddens is a guy who wants to be closer to home (GA) that we could push for. But he is a scented and we may be borderline crowded at big man with a transfer. Whatever happens I HOPE what doesn't happen is us scramble for a player just to fill the schollie

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

Was this kind of out of left field for anyone else?  Was looking forward to tis kid running an uptempo point, and the the fracture, and then...this.  Wonder what the story is?

Supposedly an issue of school policies not being followed, but it did seem to come out of left field.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

Daniel Giddens is a guy who wants to be closer to home (GA) that we could push for. But he is a scented and we may be borderline crowded at big man with a transfer. Whatever happens I HOPE what doesn't happen is us scramble for a player just to fill the schollie

The only true centers we have next year are Manderson who comes in during conference play, and Guerrero, so I think getting another true center will help us more than getting a guard, which barring injury we should have plenty of.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I always hate to hear about things like this when a kid loses scholarship opportunities. 

On the other side of the coin I find it laughable that so many people on here were so quick to annoint Peters far better running the point over Collins.  In my opinion Collins was one of the top ten players ever at USF.  Great point guard for us and just a smart BB player.  Not having him here this year hurt us, in my opinion  

2 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

The only true centers we have next year are Manderson who comes in during conference play, and Guerrero, so I think getting another true center will help us more than getting a guard, which barring injury we should have plenty of.

I don't know why I've been thinking Tulio is taller than he is. I mean I think more is better either way, which is why I mentioned him as a hopeful target as soon as I saw his transfer. But you are right, Perry, Santos, and Tulio are all 6'8-9.

Just now, usfgrad84 said:

I always hate to hear about things like this when a kid loses scholarship opportunities. 

On the other side of the coin I find it laughable that so many people on here were so quick to annoint Peters far better running the point over Collins.  In my opinion Collins was one of the top ten players ever at USF.  Great point guard for us and just a smart BB player.  Not having him here this year hurt us, in my opinion  

I loved Collins as a freshman, but it seemed that he almost never shot the ball no later how wide open he was as time went on. While this is a good quality for a point guard, he needed to be taking those wide open 15 foot jump shots and we weren't necessarily stacked with shooters at the time.

1 minute ago, JoshuaG said:

I don't know why I've been thinking Tulio is taller than he is. I mean I think more is better either way, which is why I mentioned him as a hopeful target as soon as I saw his transfer. But you are right, Perry, Santos, and Tulio are all 6'8-9.

Yeah, I'm sure they will be playing center next season, especially earlier on, but they aren't necessarily perfect for the position, and they would be better at power forward I think. Who knows though, if coach decides to run a small lineup with one of these guys at center and Baxter at PF, they could get up and down the court very quickly which is what he is trying to do.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Yeah, I'm sure they will be playing center next season, especially earlier on, but they aren't necessarily perfect for the position, and they would be better at power forward I think. Who knows though, if coach decides to run a small lineup with one of these guys at center and Baxter at PF, they could get up and down the court very quickly which is what he is trying to do.

A comment after my own heart.

• Upvote 1