• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurray to Explore NBA Draft Prospects

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, CPR said:

I'd be surprised if McMurray ever gets drafted, it's so difficut.

Well, preliminarily, he has a great shooting form. He has the confidence to shoot it and COULD be great for catch and shoot. An issue he faces is his size suits a 1 and the way he plays more naturally suits a 2 guard. If he wants to get drafted he is going to have to improve his court vision and his ability to create both with and off the ball. He is young, which is a positive for him because he has plenty of upside and some teams draft banking on that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

If he can become more consistent from the 3 point line these next couple of seasons, which I think will happen with more stability at the guard position, and like JoshuaG said work on his catch and shoot, then I can definately see him getting drafted in the late 1st round.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

If he can become more consistent from the 3 point line these next couple of seasons, which I think will happen with more stability at the guard position, and like JoshuaG said work on his catch and shoot, then I can definately see him getting drafted in the late 1st round.

He's way too small to play the 2 at the NBA level.

• Upvote 1

That's why he needs to work on his court vision. There are plenty of 1's that are of comparable in size, but to make it as such he will have some work to do. Or he can just grow 3-4 inches and everything will be ok. He can just be a short 2 like Monte Ellis or Brandon Knight. 

Obviously not saying he is at those levels yet but I think they are appropriate comparisons. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Way too many better athletes out there right now.

He might get some great info from scouts and teams about what he needs to work on for the future to help increase his chances but I doubt he would be drafted this June.

Look at the mock drafts and look how low some guys are being slated like VanVleet, GPII, and Nigel Hayes.

See what's out there, stay in school, and improve your game and get educated.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Really smart (probably advised) move to test the waters this early. It can only help him improve to the skillset the NBA is looking for. It will give him another source of criticism (aside from USF coaches) that can give him even more focus. As a tool, this can be great for him and the Bulls. I agree with others who wonder why more don't do this.

• Upvote 1

I think Perry is probably our other player that might benefit from the same move if he has any long term aspirations for basketball.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Brad said:

Coach "C"

Yeah I realized it after I typed it that I meant Coach Cal, teach me to post on my way to a meeting before my second cup of coffee. Of course by the time I could go back my 10 minutes were up haha

Slightly off topic, Ohio State had 2-3 freshmen transfer. One wants to be close to his home in Georgia. I'm just saying, I wonder if we can get in on this. I don't want to hear about lack of schollies. :icon_drink:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, JoshuaG said:

Slightly off topic, Ohio State had 2-3 freshmen transfer. One wants to be close to his home in Georgia. I'm just saying, I wonder if we can get in on this. I don't want to hear about lack of schollies. :icon_drink:

Currently have one available for 2016-17 ....