• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @SJU, Sunday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF gets a chance to avenge our home loss to SJU from last year. That left a very bad taste with everybody on the USF side.

In the city that never sleeps, ready to take on St. John's tomorrow. Game will be on Fox Sports 2. #TuneIn

Embedded image permalink

6 retweets10 likes
SUNDAY , NOVEMBER 29
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
at St. John's
at Queens, N.Y. (Carnesecca Arena)
2:00 PM ET
Fox Sports 2
1040 AM

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ladies are struggling against St. Johns. Down by 4 going into 4th quarter. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

They look like poop today. Struggling hard. St. John's looks decent but come on Bulls pull it together.

Guest PCBull14

Another ton of shots for Courtney and most of those shots missing. Some ole same ole, nothing to see here. We can't shoot this year..

Another ton of shots for Courtney and most of those shots missing. Some ole same ole, nothing to see here. We can't shoot this year..

she's averaging the second highest ppg in the entire country and we are ranked 18th you're complaining about her shooting too much? She carries this team on her back. But it is true, the Bulls go as Courtney goes. She hasn't played well today and the Bulls will lose because of that. But without her, they never even have a chance.

Don't know how other teams have been doing from #19-#25 but USF should fall out of the rankings with this loss to SJU. We can only hope SJU is the real deal and end up getting ranked down the line and making the tournament to keep this has an okay loss in the grand scheme of things.

Guest PCBull14

she's averaging the second highest ppg in the entire country and we are ranked 18th you're complaining about her shooting too much? She carries this team on her back. But it is true, the Bulls go as Courtney goes. She hasn't played well today and the Bulls will lose because of that. But without her, they never even have a chance.

She has a ton of points because the girl takes way to many shots. I love Courtney and what she does for our team, but the contested/wtf shots are getting old. Other players on the team can shoot and Jose better find a way to get them the ball more.

She currently has 5 more shots then the rest of the stating lineup combined. That is not winning TEAM basketball. Call me a complainer but I know what I see. This team won't go very far if it continues this. They will be up and down all year instead of the consistent level needed to be great.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

She has a ton of points because the girl takes way to many shots. I love Courtney and what she does for our team, but the contested/wtf shots are getting old. Other players on the team can shoot and Jose better find a way to get them the ball more.

She currently has 5 more shots then the rest of the stating lineup combined. That is not winning TEAM basketball. Call me a complainer but I know what I see. This team won't go very far if it continues this. They will be up and down all year instead of the consistent level needed to be great.

Personally, she needed to shoot more this game. She was on fire in the second when her teammates couldn't hit anything. Overall I agree that they need to play more team basketball, but she is too good not to shoot.

How is it any different than last season? The team game plan is get Courtney shots and Jenkins picks up her misses. The other 3 girls are on the floor to rebound, hit the occasional 3 pointer and play defense. They are not on the same level as Courtney. The Bulls only stayed in the game because of her. If you replace her with a mediocre "team player", you lose by much more because these other girls don't score at her caliber. If she hit 4 more of her shots today, they win the game by at least 4 and she scores at least 36. That is why I say the team goes as Courtney goes. We don't have another player of her caliber like UCONN does for her to sit back and be more of a passer. Unfortunately a player plays cold (still scoring 28) and you lose when the other team doesn't make many mistakes like SJU on offense today. I actually put a lot of blame on Laksa's below average play today.

Edited by USFBulls12

Guest PCBull14

Personally, she needed to shoot more this game. She was on fire in the second when her teammates couldn't hit anything. Overall I agree that they need to play more team basketball, but she is too good not to shoot.

SJU's top scorer had 27 on 19 shots. Courtney 28 on 27 shots with 10 from the three point line.

The problem this year is glaringly obvious. They look for her to score points way to much. This isn't last year no one is surprised by her anymore. They are going to stop her and the rest of the team better learn to step it up. They also again loose the first quarter. Some ole some ole every game. Getting old quick. Slow start with a ton of turnovers, tons missed shots, and no one executing transition D. Basic things that good teams don't struggle with.

Not sure where they will finish this season, I had high hopes for them. From what I've seen that Baylor game was a fluke. Love my bulls but we aren't very good this year. Long season ahead so hopefully they figure it out.