• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Winning will cure a lot of the football woes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

As odd as this may sound, winning will cure a lot of the football woes.  Attendance being the obvious woe but coaching payouts is the other.  Just assuming USF relieves Taggart of his duties end of season 2014, USF will be responsible for paying Holtz and Taggart a total of $900K through the 2016 and 2017 seasons. I do not believe the team will instantly become great and get into the playoff but consistently attending AAC affiliated bowl games and populating the stands will take the edge off the contract buyouts.

It just means even more pressure will be on for USF to win.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sure it will.  But CWT looks as defeated as Holtz looked the last half of that last season.  If CWT hasn't conceded he is toast, he is pretty close to doing so.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

He'll throw what Willie considers the kitchen sink at Cuse next game, which means all 3 trick plays Hope knows. I've never wanted USF to lose so bad to get rid of a coach, even with Skip, but here we are. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

He'll throw what Willie considers the kitchen sink at Cuse next game, which means all 3 trick plays Hope knows. I've never wanted USF to lose so bad to get rid of a coach, even with Skip, but here we are. 

I've come to the conclusion we may get better players but Willie isn't going to get better.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Winning will never happen again at RJS!! The curse is too strong there now. We are doomed!!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

Yeah people just need to be more patient with Taggart!  I swear, some people just want their team to win games.. in 3 years or less!!!we need to give him time to get his system/guys in, maybe 6-7 years. Then, if everything breaks his way in games, he might be able to give USF one 7-5 season. What more could you ask for people? 

Plus so far in every game he's coached, USF has finished first or second EVERY time. Think about that all you naysayers!

• Upvote 1