• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Creating My Own Custom USF Tailgate Tent - Nana Nana Boo Boo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

Just spent the day cleaning and assembling all the tailgate gear.  Threw away the old green and gold logo tent frame, too many broke and bent struts. Hopefully I can make the top work on a cheap one from Walmart.  Anybody had any experience transferring the logo top to a different frame?  I would like to have two tents there so I can rock my tailgate like the professionals (Tailgate Joe, etc.).

Professionals have 3 ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just spent the day cleaning and assembling all the tailgate gear.  Threw away the old green and gold logo tent frame, too many broke and bent struts. Hopefully I can make the top work on a cheap one from Walmart.  Anybody had any experience transferring the logo top to a different frame?  I would like to have two tents there so I can rock my tailgate like the professionals (Tailgate Joe, etc.).

Wow, tent envy.  Didn't even know it existed...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

That would make me a "would-be" professional.  I've got three parking passes but can't guarantee three vehicles arrive at the same time, hard enough making sure two are there at the same time.

That would make me a "would-be" professional.  I've got three parking passes but can't guarantee three vehicles arrive at the same time, hard enough making sure two are there at the same time.

You need to run a tighter ship ....Cooridinated parking arrival is key.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

As long as that she male does not come with it. Great tent

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I like the design, I do not like the price tag

I'm 230 lbs and can do a chin up off the frame.  I triple-dog-dare you to try that with an NCAA logo tent with a 100 lb middle schooler.  Hell, my wife and her girlfriend crumpled my last one just trying to collapse the tent after the Cincinnati tailgate last year.  I dare you to stand under your tent during a torrential downpour.  Under my tent, you'll stay as dry as a bone. Fortunately in life, you get what you pay for.  I want to make a statement because I'll have clients at games and there is no guarantee (there used to be) that the game will be compelling.  At least I can guarantee that at hbryan's tailgate, they already won.  If CWT continues to lay stinky turds at RJS, well then, we'll just motor outside and continue our own winning ways.  In my book, that's money well spent.

Hell, if we ever get a USF stadium and they alot some area for RV's, I'm going shopping for one that I can customize.  This tent cost will be a drop in the bucket but I'll use the tent too.  We need to be like Ole Miss when it comes to tailgating, not like UTEP.

Edited by hbryan

If you had just left the shield off .... and there's RV parking now at RayJay.

If you had just left the shield off .... and there's RV parking now at RayJay.

I'm not buying an RV for a five hour tailgate!!  RV's are for parking Friday evening and then leaving Sunday morning.  You're stuck in UTEP mode and I want to be in Auburn or Ole Miss mode.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm 230 lbs and can do a chin up off the frame.  I triple-dog-dare you to try that with an NCAA logo tent with a 100 lb middle schooler.  Hell, my wife and her girlfriend crumpled my last one just trying to collapse the tent after the Cincinnati tailgate last year.  I dare you to stand under your tent during a torrential downpour.  Under my tent, you'll stay as dry as a bone. Fortunately in life, you get what you pay for.  I want to make a statement because I'll have clients at games and there is no guarantee (there used to be) that the game will be compelling.  At least I can guarantee that at hbryan's tailgate, they already won.  If CWT continues to lay stinky turds at RJS, well then, we'll just motor outside and continue our own winning ways.  In my book, that's money well spent.

Hell, if we ever get a USF stadium and they alot some area for RV's, I'm going shopping for one that I can customize.  This tent cost will be a drop in the bucket but I'll use the tent too.  We need to be like Ole Miss when it comes to tailgating, not like UTEP.

:guinness: