• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

cee Finds Refuge at Greg's Blog

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm sorry to see people getting fired up about anything cee had to say.  Most especially since that's what he wants.  Greg's blog serves a much different purpose than thebullspen, so the standards are much different.  It's really Greg's call to make as far as the blog.

There will always be a handful of people trying to cause problems just because that's the easiest way to get the spotlight on themselves.  I'd like to hope that it won't cause divisiveness amongst the rest of us.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't need this to be a pissing match. I, too, have better things to do than publicly defend my integrity in the grand occupation of blog comment filtering. The Wikipedia entry you mentioned likens a common usage of troll as "jerk" -- I'd just as soon not have one commenter calling another one that on my blog, however accurate they might think the description to be. That's all I'm saying, and sorry if that got lost in a silly parenthetical comment I made.

You guys have a great message board here, with a lot of great information exchanged. I wouldn't have 700-some posts here if that weren't the case. (I know that's a slow month for some of you, so please don't think I'm bragging on the number.) It's more than I have on any other message board, that's all I'm saying. I'm not trying to harbor infidels or cultivate misinformation on my blog; I'm trying to post information about USF and let people comment on it. I understand that it's never that simple, but don't think I need it to be any more than that.

Hang in there Greg...as its always "others" that seem to know best how to run your own corporations website.

And this just proves my point. Cee is nothing compared to this clown when it comes to spewing venom and slander against USF. Why is only one of them banned from here?

• Content Count:  1,911

Why is only one of them banned from here?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Not to be too off-topic, but have a lot of people been banned from TheBullsPen?

Thanks,

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I believe it is just two at this point.  Depending on whether you believe "who's who" since one trait of the troll is to use multiple usernames.  So "cee" and "JoeBulls(akaAriHinkelberger)" have multiple names used that are no longer allowed along with their multiple IPs.  JoeBulls, still tries to login multiple times daily.  With the old board, the ban system was so weak, you could sometimes get back on...this one seems to hold up pretty good.

We went several years without having to ban anyone.  Then within the last year had to do away with the likes of the two above.  One for his non-stop slander of CJL and the other for his non-stop slander of CRM.  Now they are encouraging each other at Greg's.  Funny stuff.  I'd like to say better there than here, but I'm not so sure. 

You forgot Reuben Horowitz.  He was banned as well.  Kid was a club president of a usf sport, big time basketball fan, contributed insight and humor to this site on a daily, a furture big time donor and was banned. 

Some are way too sensitive on this board.  There are mistakes made my ours and other athletic departments all the time.  Its ok to point them out, they do it at the big schools.  greg makes a great point of how he would have to ban the overly optimistic opinions if he were to do the ones of the guys who are negative.  Who cares if Cee doesnt like Leavitt?  It is his opinion.  Some of your Dads would smack you if they found out you let some personality on the internet boil your blood. 

The best is when posters actually let it bother them so much that they post messages about it and then  ont come back.  To me that is the most hilarious part of them all.  Grow a pair, its the internet. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I can only speak for myself, but I don't mind if someone points out mistakes made by USF.  It's the constant barrage with an obvious agenda that bothers me.  I didn't, "cee" the comments, but if cee was blaming CJL for the injury, he's obviously using it as a way to further his agenda.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Hermie,

We can debate Rueb and JoeBulls, but I consider them one since they were on the same IP most of the time. 

One's background does not allow one to come onto a public message board - anonymously - and assail representatives of USF.  That will always be a rule.  Criticize, yes...bring up a negative?  Yes.  Call names and insults and make off-colored remarks?  No.  There should be and is a decorum for this board.

Hermie, you're all wrong.  There is no opposite of cee.  Cee blames everything on CJL including the weather, the practice field, injuries, team colors, etc.  There is no one I know that presents the opposite: Jim Leavitt walks on water and blah, blah, blah.  No one I have seen is that juvenile to go to that extreme.  Extremes in either direction are hard to tolerate, and needn't be.

As a board owner, I can provide a platform for anonymous people to attack other people.  Many of the attacked would not stoop low enough to even challenge the insults and name-calling.  That sort of one-sided assault will never be allowed here.

You think everyone should have a free-for-all WWE smackdown here, I think we should exhibit common decency.  Just as you think no one should be banned or follow rules, I believe that if someone does not like the structure, they should go elsewhere.

Greg's blog is turning into a cesspool.  At one point, people said that about this place.  Now I know what they meant.  The mental midgets that just name-call, insinuate, lie and disrespect others.  I predict Greg's blog will get shut down if it continues on the course it was on earlier today.  Providing a platform for cee to slander and defame a representative at USF will lead to nothing but trouble for Greg and the SPT.

I suggest you quit pleading the case for the personnas that have carved their own path off this board - specifically your personna pal JoeBulls.  His profane threats were enough to convince any civilized decent person to remove him from here.

In summary, TheBullsPen.com is not here to cater to anonymous loudmouths, but instead people who wish to come here and support their school and engage in real conversation - it is a fan site, not a generic ESPN board.  It caters to USF fans and always will.

By the way, it has nothing to do with "a pair".  And it's not just the internet.  You're missing the boat.  I have accountability (unfortunately) for the comments made here.  Hence I can not allow everything, especially the libelous and slanderous accusations, racist remarks and profanity.

fair enough.  Though, I think you know I campaign for Reub to get back on the board, even though he doesnt care that I do or even try to get back on.  I read some of the emails Ari sent you and though he is a friend of mine I have no problem with you banning him for those emails.  You also know where I stand on the IP address thing, I was using the same sites as them for a week or two to get on, showing all 3 of us on the same IP.  Anyway, who cares.....

With or without reuben, its all good with me. 

I do see your point of having accountability of what is said here and ultimately it is your board so there is no need for you to defend yourself on any of this. 

I read this board at least 3 times a day and know you and the other guys do a great job of putting it all together. 

(i will get a call from the site lurking ari about this post sometime tongiht.  ;D)

Archived