• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Happy Thoughts - USF vs J'ville Game Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

This is my fault guys.

I turned it on and it was 31-21. Just turned it off. We should be fine now.

My apologies.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

This is my fault guys.

I turned it on and it was 31-21. Just turned it off. We should be fine now.

My apologies.

:angrymob:

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Usf sucks at everything...would not be surprised if we lost this...w always play to the level of the opponent.

Woah! Take it easy lol basketball is a game of runs. Jacksonville went on a good run there and took the lead. We had the first run. We're only down 1 at the half. We can come out on a 15-2 run to start the half and things will change quickly. Go ask the women's team about how a run can change a game. They'll tell you how they came from behind in the last minutes last night to beat the undefeated Illini in the Virgin Islands. Relax and watch my friend. Let them play.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I will relax when usf can put away Lesser teams. This should be a 30+ point win for us...I have a feeling we will have to scrap to pick up a w today.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I will relax when usf can put away Lesser teams. This should be a 30+ point win for us...I have a feeling we will have to scrap to pick up a w today.

Basketball isn't football. "Lesser" teams always have a chance if they shoot hot. Also, don't forget we are a young and inexperienced team. There will be many ups and down this year.

Edited by Pyotr

That may be true but Jacksonville is probably playing the best game they have all season. But a win is a win. A win puts us at 5-1 for the first time in program history. No one will care if we win by 1 in a few weeks from now if we beat a better team by 15. Every game can be won or lost by any number of points. The best teams have won games vs bad teams by 1 and the worst teams have beat good teams by 10. Any single game does indicate future play.

Edited by USFBulls12

Basketball isn't football. "Lesser" teams always have a chance if they shoot hot. Also, don't forget we a are young and inexperienced team. There will be many ups and down this year.

As I just typed after you lol, I agree!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That may be true but Jacksonville is probably playing the best game they have all season. But a win is a win. A win puts us at 5-1 for the first time in program history. No one will care if we win by 1 in a few weeks from now if we beat a better team by 15. Every game can be won or lost by any number of points. The best teams have won games vs bad teams by 1 and the worst teams have beat good teams by 10. Any single game does indicate future play.

Best start in USF history was 10-0

The thing you want to watch for to indicate future play is in the second half and toward the end of the game is what type of adjustments does COA make and how the players are able to adapt. A team that is unable to adapt and make changes or a coach who is unable to see the changes that need to be made will indicate likely future play. In previous games, the team and coach have responded well. I think that shows promise for the 2nd half against this lesser opponent.