• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uconn just fired their coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

but we are a young program with no money so we will be bad for awhile i imagine

Cool, you may finally be coming around.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Doubt a mid-season coaching change will help matters.  They're a bad team, just like we are.

Gives them a huge head start on next season.

How?  Unless they decide to make whoever the interim coach is a permanent one ... and I doubt that happens, it doesn't happen often.

I'd say that those recruits that were wanting to go to UConn but changed their mind because of what they have become will have their interest sparked again. This is a clear message from the top that losing isn't acceptable.

You mean all those recruits being recruited by the current, probably lame duck, staff?

I mean all the ones that wanted to go to UConn for whatever reason, family ties, proximity, etc and wrote them off might reconsider and see what happens.

Doubt a mid-season coaching change will help matters.  They're a bad team, just like we are.

Gives them a huge head start on next season.

How?  Unless they decide to make whoever the interim coach is a permanent one ... and I doubt that happens, it doesn't happen often.

I'd say that those recruits that were wanting to go to UConn but changed their mind because of what they have become will have their interest sparked again. This is a clear message from the top that losing isn't acceptable.

You mean all those recruits being recruited by the current, probably lame duck, staff?

I mean all the ones that wanted to go to UConn for whatever reason, family ties, proximity, etc and wrote them off might reconsider and see what happens.

Them, too ...

Its happening now with recruits that wrote off USC because of Kiffin. Watching ESPNU Recruiting Nation and they are talking about how recruits are publicly saying that USC should have fired him long ago and now they are going to wait and see who is hired for next year. To a lessor extent, this is happening to UConn.

Its happening now with recruits that wrote off USC because of Kiffin. Watching ESPNU Recruiting Nation and they are talking about how recruits are publicly saying that USC should have fired him long ago and now they are going to wait and see who is hired for next year. To a lessor extent, this is happening to UConn.

This could be happening to UConn, unless you have evidence of recruits saying the same about Pasqualoni ...

This could be happening to UConn, unless you have evidence of recruits saying the same about Pasqualoni ...

I should have had inserted 'may' into that statement. One thing is for sure they need to reassure their current commits that are worried about their scholarship offers. Some of those have spoken out.

I should have had inserted 'may' into that statement. One thing is for sure they need to reassure their current commits that are worried about their scholarship offers. Some of those have spoken out.

That's why from a recruting standpoint, it's kind of dicey on the change at this time. Will the AD step in and guarantee players spots in the class and make the new HC, whenever hired, abide by that?