• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last week was one game, today was one game, but...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

when you are in a steep dive, it takes a little bit to pull out of it

I saw ALOT that was good in the last game, ALOT

Defense played great, special teams was doing good.

I have felt good about what Taggart has been doing since he got here. Taking the entire program, dumping it out onto the table, sifting through what he has, and making the best of it. 

Our entire offense, for the past 8+ years, has been based on a scrambling quarterback. Grothe, BJ Daniel, Blackwell. Sure, we were winning games, but when our quarterback went down with a blown knee 2/3rds of the way through the season, so did any of our hopes of finishing strong. 

Sure, it was football, but it was FAKE football in many ways. No running game, no passing game, just QB scrambles.

I like how Taggart is making the different positions accountable. Yes, the dropped passes hurt, but it shows the team what needs to be improved. "QB Tuck and Run" only works until your QB gets hurt. And that's what always happened to USF. It's not fair to our student athlete quarterbacks, to carry 80% of the offense on their back with the real risks of severe injury. 

While it hurts, this is the right way to coach a football team. Our running game is looking amazing, our defense is doing awesome, if we can just get the QB and recievers to connect (which will happen in due time), it'll all add up to wins and a solid football team.

The days of tuck and run Bulls Offense are over. While it was a loss, we're seeing the hard work and effort starting to pull the team out of the dive. 

I bull-ieve in this team, you should too. They are doing a great job for a team that hasn't been put in a position to win a game in 2 years. 

Edited by MikePhillips

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

King,

By "R" word (as cited by J) I assume he meant "replyed"? Really? I think I know who the Special Olympian is. King of idiots?

I think the, "R" word is rebuilding.