• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Stadium Deal Reached

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The deal isn't completely done yet, but it looks like the MLS will be in Orlando for the 2015 season.

http://www.scoringthird.com/2013/08/orlando-city-stadium-deal-reached.html#comment-form

This works for me since I currently live closer to Orlando than Tampa, but I'd rather Tampa have gotten the team for nostalgia purposes.

For those wondering about soccer finances, I worked some numbers in my head.

I expect Orlando to average 15,000 fans with an average ticket price of $20.  Conservatively there will be 20 home games, but likely 25+ with friendlies and such.  That works out to about $6mil in fan revenue for tickets.  Add in an expected $1mil for stadium naming rights and another $2mil for TV.  So that's about $10mil, without counting all kinds of other miscellaneous revenue.  

The upside in five years might be an attendence average of 18-20k, and TV rights at least doubling per team.  I'm not sure if the MLS has local TV rights, but I don't think so.

Certainly there are expenses, and I have to go back and figure in what player salaries could be expected to be.  

For those really into soccer, Brazlilian star Kaka is said to be a "close" friend of one of the Orlando owners, and Kaka already owns a home in Central Florida.  In a couple of years he will be closing in on his mid-30s, and there is rampant speculation he could be the first star player to play in Orlando.  That would be way cool.  He was my kids' favorite player for a while.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

The deal isn't completely done yet, but it looks like the MLS will be in Orlando for the 2015 season.

http://www.scoringthird.com/2013/08/orlando-city-stadium-deal-reached.html#comment-form

This works for me since I currently live closer to Orlando than Tampa, but I'd rather Tampa have gotten the team for nostalgia purposes.

I expect Orlando to average 15,000 fans with an average ticket price of $20.  Conservatively there will be 20 home games, but likely 25+ with friendlies and such.  That works out to about $6mil in fan revenue for tickets.  Add in an expected $1mil for stadium naming rights and another $2mil for TV.  So that's about $10mil, without counting all kinds of other miscellaneous revenue.  

The upside in five years might be an attendence average of 18-20k, and TV rights at least doubling per team.  I'm not sure if the MLS has local TV rights, but I don't think so.

Certainly there are expenses, and I have to go back and figure in what player salaries could be expected to be.  

For those really into soccer, Brazlilian star Kaka is said to be a "close" friend of one of the Orlando owners, and Kaka already owns a home in Central Florida.  In a couple of years he will be closing in on his mid-30s, and there is rampant speculation he could be the first star player to play in Orlando.  That would be way cool.  He was my kids' favorite player for a while.

I'm sorry but I just have to ask ..... Kaka?? Hope it's pronounced Kay Kay ...

No, the way you would think except an accent on the second syllable.  Something like ka-KA!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Kak%C3%A1_pronunciation.ogg

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Nice... something else to hate in that cesspool. On a plus side it get's my Timbers within an hour drive!! 

No, the way you would think except an accent on the second syllable.  Something like ka-KA!

Got it ...

Got it ...

I forgot to add that our Brazlian friends make saying the name much more dramatic, drawing the name out and adding a gymnastic type arm flourish at the end.

ka Ka a a a a a a 

350px-Jade_Barbosa,_floor_routine,_2007.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont think more than 1000 people care that soccer is in orlando

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Smazza, your best suited to bashing USF athletics....as usual, you are misinformed.

From an article in April......

The 9,589 fans Saturday night marks the second-straight week in which Orlando City set a regular-season attendance record. The previous week, 9,140 came out to see the Lions top LA 3-2, a record in its own right.

http://www.wftv.com/news/sports/soccer/orlando-city-sets-attendance-mark-win-over-dayton/nXZp7/

Smazza, your best suited to bashing USF athletics....as usual, you are misinformed.

Actually he's just as well suited to bash you as he is to bash us ...

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Well his bashing is consistent, misinformed but consistent.