• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not taking this lying down, 'cause there's big money involved...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Saban touting his NFL experience is cute.

They also had revenue sharing, a salary cap, and a draft. He's just an arrogant p***k.

best coach in the  game

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

per our agreement..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/05/sports/ncaafootball/playoff-contract-is-standing-in-way-of-commissioners-considering-a-split.html?_r=1&

The 10 conferences in the F.B.S. signed a 12-year, $5.5 billion deal late last year agreeing to a playoff format that begins next season, and have dozens of contracts for regular-season games between teams from the top five conferences and those from the bottom five. Ryan Rodenberg, an assistant professor of sports law analytics at Florida State, said in the natural evolution of college athletics a “superdivision†might be created, but it was difficult to envision it happening soon.

“There are five and half billion reasons why, and that’s the contract that was just signed among all 10 conferences for the football playoff,†Rodenberg said. “The money is too good. They just entered this deal. Why mess with it now?â€

Thompson said the high-revenue schools could form a division with their own set ofN.C.A.A. bylaws — allowing stipends for players, for example. But those leagues are not likely to be doing business only with themselves.

“We developed access that we agreed upon, and we developed revenue sharing that we agreed upon,†said Britton Banowsky, the commissioner of Conference USA. “We signed a contract for 12 years committing our resources and team inventory. That is pretty substantial glue.â€

It is not just the postseason that binds the 10 conferences. Mike Aresco, the commissioner of the American Athletic Conference, said teams from his league have contracts with opponents like Wisconsin, South Carolina, Notre Dame, North Carolina State and Oklahoma.

“I have talked to the commissioners of those five conferences, and they all want to play the other conferences,†Aresco said. “Financially, it would be better for everyone if there was broader scheduling.â€

Thompson said the big universities want seven home games to meet their budgets, which would be difficult to do without playing teams from the other five conferences. Some observers say that part of the charm of college football is the fact that an Appalachian State can beat a Michigan or a Louisiana-Monroe can defeat an Arkansas, but Nick Saban, the coach of two-time defending national champion Alabama, said he would not be opposed to a superdivision of high-revenue conferences playing one another.

“I’ve said this before, nobody wants to hear this, but I was in the N.F.L. for eight years, where every team you played was in the N.F.L.,†Saban said at SEC Media Days. “So if somebody wants to take the leadership and say, O.K., here are the five conferences that are the top conferences, and we’re going to play all our games amongst those people, I’d be fine with that.â€

...with more available on the linked article. 

the big five wants to cut everyone else out and there is a good chance they will

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

per our agreement..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/05/sports/ncaafootball/playoff-contract-is-standing-in-way-of-commissioners-considering-a-split.html?_r=1&

The 10 conferences in the F.B.S. signed a 12-year, $5.5 billion deal late last year agreeing to a playoff format that begins next season, and have dozens of contracts for regular-season games between teams from the top five conferences and those from the bottom five. Ryan Rodenberg, an assistant professor of sports law analytics at Florida State, said in the natural evolution of college athletics a “superdivision†might be created, but it was difficult to envision it happening soon.

“There are five and half billion reasons why, and that’s the contract that was just signed among all 10 conferences for the football playoff,†Rodenberg said. “The money is too good. They just entered this deal. Why mess with it now?â€

Thompson said the high-revenue schools could form a division with their own set ofN.C.A.A. bylaws — allowing stipends for players, for example. But those leagues are not likely to be doing business only with themselves.

“We developed access that we agreed upon, and we developed revenue sharing that we agreed upon,†said Britton Banowsky, the commissioner of Conference USA. “We signed a contract for 12 years committing our resources and team inventory. That is pretty substantial glue.â€

It is not just the postseason that binds the 10 conferences. Mike Aresco, the commissioner of the American Athletic Conference, said teams from his league have contracts with opponents like Wisconsin, South Carolina, Notre Dame, North Carolina State and Oklahoma.

“I have talked to the commissioners of those five conferences, and they all want to play the other conferences,†Aresco said. “Financially, it would be better for everyone if there was broader scheduling.â€

Thompson said the big universities want seven home games to meet their budgets, which would be difficult to do without playing teams from the other five conferences. Some observers say that part of the charm of college football is the fact that an Appalachian State can beat a Michigan or a Louisiana-Monroe can defeat an Arkansas, but Nick Saban, the coach of two-time defending national champion Alabama, said he would not be opposed to a superdivision of high-revenue conferences playing one another.

“I’ve said this before, nobody wants to hear this, but I was in the N.F.L. for eight years, where every team you played was in the N.F.L.,†Saban said at SEC Media Days. “So if somebody wants to take the leadership and say, O.K., here are the five conferences that are the top conferences, and we’re going to play all our games amongst those people, I’d be fine with that.â€

...with more available on the linked article.

the big five wants to cut everyone else out and there is a good chance they will

Bowls will be pissed as their numbers will have to be reduce due to not enough teams qualifying with 6 wins.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Saban touting his NFL experience is cute.

"Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life. You know, you never handle your luggage in the show, somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You throw brand new balls for practice, the ballparks are like cathedrals, the hotels all have room service, and the women all have long legs and brains."

- Nick "Crash" Saban

Great reference from the only watchable Costner movie.

Water World was awesome!

Field of Dreams and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves as well

I agree with yours, but I was being sarcastic. Brad, when are you going to develop a sarcasm font? :)