• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Movies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

List of high school stadiums where Remember The Titans was filmed. I was just looking on Google Maps and the stadiums in GA look much, much nicer than the ones in Florida that I visited in high school, ie Manatee, Merritt Island, Lakeland, Sarasota, Venice, Riverview-Sarasota, etc.. They all look like they have high end artificial grass and expensive graphics. Its no wonder they filmed that movie around here.

Covington, Georgia, USA (Downtown Alexandria scenes)
Georgia, USA (some scenes are filmed at Etowah Hight School in Woodstock Georgia.field and statuim in the first scene in the 1970's, when they are practicing before camp and before school, the first time you see any of them on the field, that is at Etowah High school. and during the game when the people in the stands are dressed for cold weather, that is also at the staduim of Etowah High school.)
Rome, Georgia, USA (Berry College)

Rudy is streaming for free at www.crackle.com. There are also phone and smart TV and game console apps for Crackle. Uncut movies, but commercials.

EDIT  Its the last day to watch it!

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Can't wait for football season too!

I'd say my favorites are (in no order):

Friday Night Lights

The Longest Yard (original)

Remember The Titans

Varsity Blues

Rudy

Brian's Song

Two others that are pretty old and may be worth a look are: Knute Rockne, All American (with Ronald Reagan) and Horse Feathers (with the Marx Brothers)

I think Rudy should be mandatory screening for the team, to show how its not just physical ability or size that makes a player, attitude can be the difference between an average player and an all American.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think Rudy should be mandatory screening for the team, ....

I hate ND, so by extension I hate this movie, but...

.. its not just physical ability or size that makes a player, attitude can be the difference between an average player and an all American.

... this is so true, not just in football, but in life, love, career, and everywhere else as well.

The Japanese have a great word for this kind of gung-ho attitude, "yaru-ki" (lit. transl. "the spirit to do")

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just watched the documentary Undefeated about a inner city football program that was turned around.

It is amazing and maybe my favorite football movie now.

Its on Netflix. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade