• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Implementation-Football/Basketball-Winning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Ok lots a people have good if not great ideas..Some people have very good critiques.....But they are worthless unless they are used in the implimentation process...

I see so much critque...Fire him  do this do that fustration....Why do we not have an OCS, we need new facilities...

The answer is easy...YOU DONT HAVE THE POWER  TO IMPLIMENT.....

To implement an Idea that I have.... be it Fire Coach Heath or Promote Coach Heath I neeed to be in a place in the corporate Structure...Higher up  ...Power..

So that's Judy and Doug....since I am neither my last optionis is  to influence them with my ideas/point of view ..... 

I can point out mistakes...I can point out stupidity,,,I can point out age, sex you have it...But I can guarantee one thing...NOTHING WILL HAPPEN UNTIL THOSE IN POWER HAVE A PLAN AND SOLUTION...

Here is my point griping does not solve problems...solutions brought to the attention of the POWER HOLDERS get implimented....

I believe there is a lot of solution solvers out there...Lets look at options that can be accomplished easily with little risk to the power that are...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

+1

Every semester, I tell my students to never bring a problem to a boss unless they also bring a potential solution.

I was taught any proposed solution to a problem was written like this...

describe problem

your recommended solution short 1 -2 lines

two alternative solution. 1- 2 - lines

In detail supporting analysis..

When I was overseas the CEO told me about these 17 page reports..The author thought they would go to corp.headquaters ..They went straight into the trash..A CEO does not have the time to read 17 pages for a conclusion.. 

Believe me Directors Know all the problems...They are looking for people with viable solutions

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Here's a proposed solution to playing winning ball - be FITTER than the other guys. No more late-game collapses!

Allong with team mentoring-discipline..peer pressure.....

Last man on the wind sprint did a lap before we went to the showers..It was a tom and me race..I lost most of the time  and did most  laps..That was building tradition helped with stamina but not with speed..

Go Bulls

From the Fan angle I don't believe Winning is everything....Competition between team mates is good...as well as backing coaches not second guessing them on disapline issues...

But IMO Prima-Dona players hurt the program and if they cannot be "team members"  the coaches should have them ride the bench...

When I was in Saudi I was working on the Royal Pavilion in Taif...I had 10 work teams..150 multi national workers .. some jobs wre harder then others....I only knew a few words in Arabic...When I caught one guy goofing off i took one team member working on 15# belgum block work and had him change places with one worker raking...do that once of twice  they all got the idea without speaking a word..

When I caught an old geezer goofing off after prayer time  I was going to put him on the  Belgum block and a younger member came up and pleaded his case...It was truly funny..

More interesting when I completed the project in 3 days working 24 hour days.all the skeptics came around wanting to take credit.in on the Glory...does that ring a bell at Raymond James..

Our football team/program  is like that.  There are skeptics  who want to tear things down and they will be the first ones who will want to take credit..when things go well...

Untill I have a reason to change my first impression I am backing our coaches 100%...and that includes disapline that might cost a win...one loss and lesson learned for everyone...undermine a coaches authority and loose loose loose

Go Bulls

OCS  lots of talk Skinny got the skinny...This would be a great multi year project for all Alumni everyone to support..

IMO this is the type of activity that builds tradition...Everyone involved can claim to part of this...let me know when you get it set up so I can start contributing..

PS..please no benches love the Ray Jay seats with the old fogy back support..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Here's a proposed solution to playing winning ball - be FITTER than the other guys. No more late-game collapses!

This is something I have personally seen and talked to the players about. They are being conditioned like they never have before. The even better news, is that instead of complaining about how sore and tired they are...they've all bought in and are working hard for the payoff. #TheChase has built the foundation of a real TEAM, not just a bunch of individuals or clicks on a squad. I see them hanging out together more, spending time together, and working hard together.

Consistancy/QualityContoll.....

I would like to see more consistancy in our players.... making blocks, passing, accuracy, running patterns. no dumb penaties, delay of game,

Having to scramble due to a missed block might be exciting to watch but makes for fumbles, sacks and losses...

Go Bulls