• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Darius Tice, RB, Miami Northwestern

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I like is size , weight and last years yardage.  I just wish I had more info on his stats/speed and the power in his legs.  Training at USF will make a difference but I would like to know where we are starting from.

Go Bulls...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This is starting to sound solid. Uncle Luke is for real.

Per @unclelukereal1, Northwestern RB Darius Tice is now a USF commit. Love Tice.

Per @unclelukereal1, Northwestern RB Darius Tice is now a USF commit. Love Tice.

Yes yes yes 

Go Bulls

Tice is the second leading rusher in Dade County, behind only Columbus’ Darryl Chestnut. Little does everyone know, Tice has more rushing yards and touchdowns than both Cook and Yearby, and while his 9.9 yards per carry average is less than Cook's 13.1, it is more than Yearby’s 6.2.

Edited by bull-71

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Regardless I really like this kid but I was wondering if anyone knows if MNW's OL is loaded w/ talent? Tice still showed the ability to run players over and all the tools a great RB needs but was just curious as I know MNW can be loaded some years. I didn't see any highly rated Sr. lineman on any sites so I thought there might be but they are just underclassman.

Yes yes yes 

Go Bulls

Tice is the second leading rusher in Dade County, behind only Columbus’ Darryl Chestnut. Little does everyone know, Tice has more rushing yards and touchdowns than both Cook and Yearby, and while his 9.9 yards per carry average is less than Cook's 13.1, it is more than Yearby’s 6.2.

Tice is listed as having 4.48 Forty speed and it shows on the highlight tape. But what most impresses me is his vision and one-cut ability. He doesn’t hesitate at the line of scrimmage and when he sees a gap or a crease in the offensive line he squares his shoulders and attacks it. Then he uses that 4.48 speed to force a footrace at the next level. He’s also a tough back to bring down. At 6’0″ and ranging between 180 and 210 lbs (depending upon the recruiting service) defenders simply cannot bring him down with arm tackles alone and generally have to sacrifice their bodies or gang-tackle him to stop his momentum

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It still makes me laugh that Uncle Luke is a 100% legit source to get information from on this subject. It's amazing how much influence he has down in Miami with these kids. And positive influence too.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

It still makes me laugh that Uncle Luke is a 100% legit source to get information from on this subject. It's amazing how much influence he has down in Miami with these kids. And positive influence too.

Agreed. It's crazy but it's the type of personality some of these guy have that makes these kids respect and listen to them. I believe Coach T has that same infectious personality, can't wait to see him do big things here.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565

Yes yes yes

Go Bulls

Tice is listed as having 4.48 Forty speed and it shows on the highlight tape. But what most impresses me is his vision and one-cut ability. He doesn’t hesitate at the line of scrimmage and when he sees a gap or a crease in the offensive line he squares his shoulders and attacks it. Then he uses that 4.48 speed to force a footrace at the next level. He’s also a tough back to bring down. At 6’0″ and ranging between 180 and 210 lbs (depending upon the recruiting service) defenders simply cannot bring him down with arm tackles alone and generally have to sacrifice their bodies or gang-tackle him to stop his momentum

I still don't understand why he was more highly rated? Kid looks like a beast on tape. Is it grades?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  55

Grades are fine... Northwestern had a down year this year