• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope the coaches are recruiting heavily

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

This is Holtz's class that Taggart is mopping up.  Plz don't judge Taggart on this class.  If anything, he's pulled our three best commitments in the class with Godwin, Fennel and Swain.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

As I pointed out in another thread, the recruiting sites are often wrong and over look talent. Some examples, George Selvie, NR, Justin Blackmon was a 3 star WR, Chris Johnson 1 star, Colin Kaepernick 2 star. The number of high school recruits rated 3 stars and under by these websites that go one to be star college athletes is huge. They also go the other way too, over rating players. That's why its up to the coaching staff to get to rate these players.

+1

This is typical talk from a fan of a team with a crappy class so far. Bottom line is, this class is underwhelming so far. Hopefully, the staff can pick it up soon. Oh, and stars do matter and it's easy to play the exception game when you want to make people feel better.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

A recruiting "Class" can only be "truly rated" at least 3 years after the year they're recruited.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

As I pointed out in another thread, the recruiting sites are often wrong and over look talent. Some examples, George Selvie, NR, Justin Blackmon was a 3 star WR, Chris Johnson 1 star, Colin Kaepernick 2 star. The number of high school recruits rated 3 stars and under by these websites that go one to be star college athletes is huge. They also go the other way too, over rating players. That's why its up to the coaching staff to get to rate these players.

+1

This is typical talk from a fan of a team with a crappy class so far. Bottom line is, this class is underwhelming so far. Hopefully, the staff can pick it up soon. Oh, and stars do matter and it's easy to play the exception game when you want to make people feel better.

What exactly are you talking about? Who is talking specifically about this class? This was said in response to all the best recruits will be snatched up by the best schools. There are more great athletes than scholarships, you just have to find them. CWT is going to evaluate them himself, not relying on Scout or Rivals, who have been proven WRONG, repeatedly. How about getting on the same page as the rest of us?

How long have you followed USF? Do you think that say, Nate Allen was really a 2 star QB,  Carlton Hill a 4 Star QB, which is the rating Heisman winner RGIII got? I could go on and on and on. Ratings, for the most part are wrong when you compare them to what that player does in college.

Edited by slick1ru2

The funniest part about this is that the best recruit, star-wise, that we have a legit shot at, many of this fan base don't want. 

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

+1

What exactly are you talking about? Who is talking specifically about this class. This was said in response to all the best recruits will be snatched up by the best schools. There are more great athletes than scholarships, you just have to find them. CWT is going to evaluate them himself, not relying on Scout or Rivals, who have been proven WRONG, repeatedly. How about getting on the same page as the rest of us?

This whole thread is related to our current class even if it's not directly stated so. I'm talking about a class that is below average so far and there's no disputing that. I'm sure coach CWT is doing a fine job evaluating talent, but he hasn't had enough time and this class will be average at best because of this. If being on the same page as the rest of you is accepting an average class, then I'll pass. I'm rooting for the guy though and I hope I'm wrong.

+1

What exactly are you talking about? Who is talking specifically about this class. This was said in response to all the best recruits will be snatched up by the best schools. There are more great athletes than scholarships, you just have to find them. CWT is going to evaluate them himself, not relying on Scout or Rivals, who have been proven WRONG, repeatedly. How about getting on the same page as the rest of us?

This whole thread is related to our current class even if it's not directly stated so. I'm talking about a class that is below average so far and there's no disputing that. I'm sure coach CWT is doing a fine job evaluating talent, but he hasn't had enough time and this class will be average at best because of this. If being on the same page as the rest of you is accepting an average class, then I'll pass. I'm rooting for the guy though and I hope I'm wrong.

Honestly, with the current conference reallignment crap with USF being left in the abyss, we're lucky to have this class and will be lucky to get the kids that eventually commit here.

• Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

+1

I agree with slick. I could give precisely two craps about stars or what rivals or scout think. I want to see WINS on the field. Up to the coaches to decide who/what they need to make the WINS happen.

Living in Tallahassee, I can say that FSU has been pulling top notch recruiting classes for decades but aside from this year's ACC title, FSU has been mediocre. Same with UM. Winning recruiting is nice but doesn't necessarily translate to success on the field.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

+1

And the assumption that there are no great players left because all the SEC teams have them, which is NOT correct.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

+1

I guess that you think that Skip had one of the best classes ever at USF. Using the star system our class last year has to rank among the best.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2012/usf-655http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2012/usf-655