• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 PF Malik Price-Martin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This guy definitely deserves his own thread and I apologize for taking so long to create a place to discuss a guy that could very well be a future USF baller.

We talk about Henry all the time, but Martin is every bit as good of a prospect himself. The SOURCE HOOPS had him ranked 4th in the state for the 2013 class after the spring of last year. Only 5*Chris Walker, 5*Kasey Hill, and 4*Solomon Poole were ahead of him.Of course Martin decided to reclassify to the 2014 class, despite numerous colleges trying to entice him to sign on as part of the 2013 class.

Consistency is what Martin is seeking, but the talent is there without question.

Martin, Henry, and Josh Heath were all a part of that great Team Breakdown AAU club.

Short highlight from the spring of last year.

Edited by Vega

Hoops in Overdrive closer look: Price-Martin vs. Egbunu

When you have two highly regarded big men playing against each other, it is hard not to notice. So when the two players both have great games, everyone wins.

That’s what happened when Northeast (Fla.) forward Malik Price-Martin and Fort Walton Beach (Fla.) center John Egbunu locked horns at the Hoops In Overdrive on Tuesday.

Simply put, Price-Martin was fantastic. The reclassified junior finished with 20 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. He’s long and lanky (and looks even taller than he did when he played at the Peach State Summer Showcase in July). Price-Martin has such a long stride when he attacks the basket and shot the ball well. His game has some Lamar Odom flair to it. And that’s a good thing.

Colleges have tried to help the young prospect come into college this fall but Northeast head coach Gerald Gillion said Price-Martin is staying in the class of 2014.

“1,000 percent,†Gillion said. “Please let everyone know that.â€

Think he’s been asked that question before?

No worries. There will be plenty of suitors. Price-Martin said he has interest from Central Florida, Connecticut, Florida State, Georgia Southern, Memphis, Miami, NC State, South Carolina, Southern Cal, South Florida and Tennessee.

We’ve seen it coming, the evolution and ascension of Egbunu. It started at the Icebreaker, it came together at the King James Exposure and the confirmation happened at the Peach State Summer Showcase where Egbunu was the best player in the building.

Now at the Hoops in Overdrive event, the future South Florida center continued to show the skill set that will allow him early time on the floor as a freshman. Moreover, his constant motor and improved offensive skill set will allow him to be guy that the pros take a nice long look at.

In fact, he looks about 10 pounds heavier since he dominated Aiken for the Peach State. The weight is across his chest and upper body. His strength adds to his strength – punishing the interior. Egbunu finished with 17 points and nine rebounds against Price-Martin.

On the 247Sports.com composite rankings, Egbunu checks in at No. 68 in the country. That’s way too low. The 6-foot-11 center has been on the upswing for the last couple of years and hasn’t slowed down a bit. You could make an argument that he should be in consideration for a national top 20 ranking.

The outcome? Call it a push. Both big men did what they did well. Price-Martin stretched the floor while Egbunu just out-manned everyone.

http://mylineageofch...rtin-vs-egbunu/

Malik-Price-Martin.gif

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Big props to CSH for seeing the the potential in The Eggman.

ps: I am the Walrus, goo, goo, g'joob.

It feels like Northeast's Malik Price-Martin has been around a very long time.

However, he might just be getting started.

As a freshman at Monsignor Pace, he turned heads with his size and exceptional skill with a basketball. After spending two seasons with the Spartans, the 6-foot-10 standout transferred to Northeast following a coaching change at Pace.

Price-Martin, who's excelled with the Hurricanes, is excited about the possibilities.

“It has been pretty good changing schools,†Price-Martin said. “I like the environment [at Northeast] and I already knew a lot of my teammates playing with them this past summer.â€

The 2014 prospect has a resume that most seniors would be proud of. Price-Martin was named to the Miami Herald's All-Dade first team and has been a part of the United States Basketball program the last two years. In 2011 he was a member of the U.S.'s Under-16 National team.

But that was then and this is now and Price-Martin knows he still has a lot of work to do.

“I just want to keep getting better every time I step on the court. There are so many good players around so you have to put in the work or you'll get passed by,†Price-Martin said.

His main goal is to continue to get stronger. At 205 pounds, lifting weights is just as important as firing up jump shots. This season his numbers are on the rise, averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds a game for the 6-5 Hurricanes. As his game continues to develop his stock among college recruiters will also rise.

He hopes to make a decision this summer, but he has not narrowed down his choices just yet. There is still a lot of basketball to be played for the wiry big man.

“I have a bunch of goals that I want to achieve,†Price-Martin said. “I want to win a state championship and make as many all-star teams as possible.â€

Considered a top-50 player nationally and one of the best power forwards in the class of 2014, Price-Martin should have little trouble being recognized when it comes time for postseason accolades.

Price-Martin has the rare ability to handle the basketball and score from both inside and outside. His athleticism and versatility for his size is something that simply cannot be taught. And with two more years at the high school level; the possibilities are endless on just how good he can become.

“I definitely have matured as a person and player,†Price-Martin said. “I have been exposed to a lot and those experiences have made be better. Now I want to use that in the future.â€

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/homepage/malik-price-martin-among-nations-best

• 3 weeks later...

Price Martin keeps getting better. We read what he did in the matchup with Egbunu. Now he was even better against 6-10 jumping jack Chris Walker who is a top 10 player in the 2013 class and #1 or #2 player in the state by every ranking site.

Mike Richardson â€@Richardsonmike2

RT @TeamBreakdown: 2014 Malik Price Martin had 31pts n 9rebs in Northeast win over Holmes County featuring 6'10 Chris Walker (16pts, 10rebs)

We have learned that class of 2014 forward Malik Price-Martin may have committed to the University of Miami basketball team this evening. The 6'10" 4 star talent from Northeast High School in Oakland Park, FL was in attendance and rushed the court with UM students at Wednesday's stunning blowout of then #1 Duke.

www.stateoftheu.com/2013/1/26/...zed-2014-commit

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Of course he was there for that game. 

Of course he was there for that game. 

I guess it was destiny.