• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mackensie Alexander (CB)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Both 247 and Scout show Mackensie at Rutgirls this w/e.

Mackensie was at Auburn this weekend, while Mackenro was in Morgantown, it appears we now lead for Mackenro and possibly Mackensie visiting WVU next weekend.

Sorry I had to post this one, glad USF picked up Robbins but the brothers with Marcellus would be a coup for WVU.

Edited by jvwvu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

How close are you guys to running out of schollies? We're getting pretty close...

How close are you guys to running out of schollies? We're getting pretty close...

We have 5-7 openings - we have a really good depth class, and adds where we lack depth (what WVU lacked with Stewart - the reason he "Kragthorped" us just like Holtz did to USF)  We will finish with 28-29 scholarships and two kickers/punters (one who could also play LBer while kicking) as walkons because 3-4 count towards last year class as Early Enrolles.  http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Commits

We got some kids who I think are stars who arent rated highly but if you watch video you just see talent, plus our last 2 coaching hires are great recruiters so new names keep popping up, so much so I cant really know who is going to be there.

Also for USF to note UL only gets 3 or 4 more guys also, this comes into play with a guy deciding tomorrow Keith Kelsey.

My guess to finish out WVU (on schollie)

1.  Paul James - WDE from Miami

2.  Grant Lingafelter - OT from Ohio

3.  Marquion Lane - CB from Deltona

4.  One of Mackenro Alexandar - S - Immakoke (Preference) or Jeremy Tyler - S - Georgia

Depends on who could/does commit (below) - if none of big importance than the Kicker/LBer probably gets a schollie and we coud save 2 for next year

This would be of Mackensie Alexandar - CB - Imm., Tyler Boyd - WR- FL, Mario Alford - current Arizona commit - RB/Slot, Dionte Savage - Baylor OG commit, D'Asian Richardson - DT - once a WVU commit that flipped to UL that could flip back.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I hate to say it, but with that limit, not sure we can take 2 more DBs. I'm not seeing any buzz indicating we're on the short list, but with Cooper & Taggart, things may change [and if his family/friends want to see him play].

I have a feeling WVU is going to slump for a bit. Their D was horrible last year, and they are losing their top 3 offensive stars this year.

We have 5-7 openings - we have a really good depth class, and adds where we lack depth (what WVU lacked with Stewart - the reason he "Kragthorped" us just like Holtz did to USF)  We will finish with 28-29 scholarships and two kickers/punters (one who could also play LBer while kicking) as walkons because 3-4 count towards last year class as Early Enrolles.  http://westvirginia.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Commits

We got some kids who I think are stars who arent rated highly but if you watch video you just see talent, plus our last 2 coaching hires are great recruiters so new names keep popping up, so much so I cant really know who is going to be there.

Also for USF to note UL only gets 3 or 4 more guys also, this comes into play with a guy deciding tomorrow Keith Kelsey.

My guess to finish out WVU (on schollie)

1.  Paul James - WDE from Miami

2.  Grant Lingafelter - OT from Ohio

3.  Marquion Lane - CB from Deltona

4.  One of Mackenro Alexandar - S - Immakoke (Preference) or Jeremy Tyler - S - Georgia

Depends on who could/does commit (below) - if none of big importance than the Kicker/LBer probably gets a schollie and we coud save 2 for next year

This would be of Mackensie Alexandar - CB - Imm., Tyler Boyd - WR- FL, Mario Alford - current Arizona commit - RB/Slot, Dionte Savage - Baylor OG commit, D'Asian Richardson - DT - once a WVU commit that flipped to UL that could flip back.

Not as many Floridians as I expected, interesting.

Totally off-topic, but how long do you think it'll be before we can schedule a home-n-home with you guys? We've had some epic games!

When Dana took over he stressed "national recruiting" because other teams are now doing what we used to do taking 15 or so Fla kids (what UL and UK are doing), so there is less kids around. He actually needs to work Texas more,IMO.

As for a home and home, probably not for a while with a 9 team Big 12 conference and needing Maryland on schedule ( who honestly is the more important rivalry than Pitt due to recruiting DC Metro). So that leaves a home game (lower level team possibly a Fla team - FAU,FIU in future) and another one (2014 starts out against Bama in Georgia Dome). So unless it was a 2 for 1 (and no means saying its fair to USF) it will be a while. (FAU, FIU would probably do a 2 for 1)

WVU does not have a huge metro area around it with a large population but we have a large alumni/fan base that includes WV, Pittsburgh, DC Metro (Hagerstown MD, Martinsburg WV over to DC), and NJ (it's cheaper to go to WVU than to Rutgers if in state NJ student)

Edited by jvwvu

Texas recruiting is going to be key moving forward.

Part of why I'm happy SMU and Houston are in the same conference with us.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Looks like we might get a visit from Mackensie after all.

Newberg tweets

Will 4-Star CB Mackensie Alexander visit #USF this weekend? Things are getting crazy -

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Just heard he's Haitian. We really need to get JPP to be his host for the visit.