• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Howard Wilder CB, LA Pierce CC(JUCO)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just a bit of a note.: Some of the kids are "street" smart.  They play the commitment card to get some "FREE" pr.  They never had a commitment to stay here.  As far as I am concerned it's no great loss.  If they are so easy to walk away from commitments them they will also walk away from the hard work and disappline required on the field or class room.  I figured it just made another schollie available to someone who has the USF love and spirit

Go Bulls

I keep asking this and no one answers.  Do  you think AW committing to USF helped him draw interest from UCLA?  Do you think the UCLA coaches really say to themselves, "Wow, that AW kid got an offer from USF, let's go get him!"   Sorry, I cannot imagine that happens.

On the flip side, according to your theory, Calloway got an offer from Louisville so that USF would be interested and he could flip to USF.  Do you think USF offered him only because he was committed to Louisville?

I just think that we were a "TOOL" to be used. We were good enough to be a creditable choice.  Kids are smart enough to figure this out.  My two year old could recognise Mc Donalds.

In a lot of ways its like Hollywood... no press release and you are over looked.  Flipping is  a HS recruits "Press Release" --and it is "FREE"

Go Bulls

You didn't answer either question.

Do you think UCLA offered AW because he was committed to USF?

Do you think USF offered Calloway because he was committed to Louisville?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lamar Robbins.

Nate Willis next week.

What??

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/TOMMY-TUBERVILLE-IS-PISSED.gif

Meaning we landed Robbins this week and we have Willis coming in next week.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Juco cornerback Nate Willis will be in Tampa next weekend, but he's not visiting USF, just friends in town. Firmly committed to Kentucky.

D'oh!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Just a bit of a note.: Some of the kids are "street" smart.  They play the commitment card to get some "FREE" pr.  They never had a commitment to stay here.  As far as I am concerned it's no great loss.  If they are so easy to walk away from commitments them they will also walk away from the hard work and disappline required on the field or class room.  I figured it just made another schollie available to someone who has the USF love and spirit

Go Bulls

I keep asking this and no one answers.  Do  you think AW committing to USF helped him draw interest from UCLA?  Do you think the UCLA coaches really say to themselves, "Wow, that AW kid got an offer from USF, let's go get him!"   Sorry, I cannot imagine that happens.

On the flip side, according to your theory, Calloway got an offer from Louisville so that USF would be interested and he could flip to USF.  Do you think USF offered him only because he was committed to Louisville?

I just think that we were a "TOOL" to be used. We were good enough to be a creditable choice.  Kids are smart enough to figure this out.  My two year old could recognise Mc Donalds.

In a lot of ways its like Hollywood... no press release and you are over looked.  Flipping is  a HS recruits "Press Release" --and it is "FREE"

Go Bulls

No on both..

UCLA is smart enough to evaluate recruits. The thing we will never know is why UCLA offered.  That is probably a close held secret.

I believe that good kids are under the radar and  a comitment to another school shines some light on him  Coaches/recruiters evaluate and make offers based on their own opinion and school needs.

A college degree only opens the door.  The graduate has to apply himself to succeed.  That also why after 10 years the resume takes on greater importance..In the same way that JUCO having played at the college level is more interesting them a HS grad..The negative side is less playing time.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thanks for answering.

So you think that Wilder used his USF commit to open some eyes?   Maybe, but wasn't he the top JuCo CB available?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If you read the article notice how he says  "if another""  he's in Cinc. only as long as AW was with KU.

You cannot loose what you never had :blush:

Go Bulls

Yup...that's the main point I had.  These guys abuse the word "commitment".  "I'm committed...till I'm not".  Didn't realize he was a May enrollee, but frankly, I'm ok if we can get some better talent with the new opening.

Looks like Auman's on it.  More drama. Guy tells GA he hasn't commited to Cincy, but is no longer committed to us.

http://twitter.com/gregauman

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bresnahan is going to visit him this week. Guess he knows better than the little wienies on here.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for answering.

So you think that Wilder used his USF commit to open some eyes?   Maybe, but wasn't he the top JuCo CB available?

IMO I believe that recruits will and sometimes use a commit as an insurance policy.  They are guaranteed more training and a better chance of making it to the NFL 

IMO With that said.  some recruits who do not have the NFL as the ultimate goal..will commit and stick to it because the school atmosphere, eduaction etc is top notch.  They will use their education to provide them their quality of life.

IMO The other.NFL only option recruits use a school as a stepping stone and hence have no true loyalty.

I'm not looking for a agreement in what I say or start an argument.  It's just an observation  and opinion that comes with age.

In Spain there is a saying--He is more of a fox because of his age then because of the way he was born.  These kids make decisions on their own perception of reality and their dreams

Go Bulls.

Bresnahan is going to visit him this week. Guess he knows better than the little wienies on here.

I'm not sure about wienies...but Wilder clearly decommitted.  And that's AFTER he met Cooper, who seems to be a draw for DBs.  Who knows what's going on in Wilder's head, and how good Tuberville is at getting into these guys' heads.

We'll survive either way, but having a good JUCO CB make an impact would be a good think.  Then again, I was hoping for something similar with Juco's Montgomery & Brown last year.  Not so much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

No on both..

UCLA is smart enough to evaluate recruits. The thing we will never know is why UCLA offered.  That is probably a close held secret.

Why is that a secret?? They offered because they saw something they liked.