• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Almost as bad as USF Marketing...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

if it's "next to Super Wal-Mart (AGAIN!!!!)" u know it must be a classy ******* establishment.

I've driven by it several times. Just as you would imagine, it's not. The original restaurant in Gainesville isn't bad, but as a non Gator, I really would never choose to go to one. Especially not one outside of Gainesville.

I lived in Gainesville for 2 years, still visit in-laws there several times a year, and I've never heard of a restaurant in Gainesville called Alli Gator's. Where is it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

if it's "next to Super Wal-Mart (AGAIN!!!!)" u know it must be a classy ******* establishment.

I've driven by it several times. Just as you would imagine, it's not. The original restaurant in Gainesville isn't bad, but as a non Gator, I really would never choose to go to one. Especially not one outside of Gainesville.

I lived in Gainesville for 2 years, still visit in-laws there several times a year, and I've never heard of a restaurant in Gainesville called Alli Gator's. Where is it?

I've only been there (Gainesville) a handful of times. I'm not really sure. I might even be confusing it with the original Gators Dockside, but I thought it might have been AlliGators.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've only been there (Gainesville) a handful of times. I'm not really sure. I might even be confusing it with the original Gators Dockside, but I thought it might have been AlliGators.

Gators Dockside G'ville is a nice restaurant, great for games - my wife is a Gator, so we used to go there for away games when we lived there, and was great for Bucs games as well. Never been to Dockside on Fowler though, hope that they don't have a fraction of the Gator decor as they do in the Gainesville one, it would definitely be an insult so close to USF campus.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

What we need is a Bulls restaurant by USF that can expand all over the place... there are way too many FSU and Gayturd bars around here.

It's been attempted. There was a Bulls themed restaurant that opened on Fowler a few years back that failed. I think ti's where Grothe got busted for serving someone underage, but it was too upscale for a college area.

Gators dockside moved in on Fowler and I believe is doing pretty well. A bull themed restaurant very similar to Gators would probably work. The problem is you've got a built in competition in Gators Dockside (which is not the same as AlliGators above).

Point being, if you see a void in the marketplace, by all means fill it. That is the premise of capitalism.

My wife and I would like to open a Bulls bar in the area... who knows in 5 years or so we might belly up and try it. The economy is only getting worse and the retail spaces are only getting cheaper.

First I need to tackle the idea of getting a toilet named after my bullspen handle in the Sun Dome.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What we need is a Bulls restaurant by USF that can expand all over the place... there are way too many FSU and Gayturd bars around here.

It's been attempted. There was a Bulls themed restaurant that opened on Fowler a few years back that failed. I think ti's where Grothe got busted for serving someone underage, but it was too upscale for a college area.

Gators dockside moved in on Fowler and I believe is doing pretty well. A bull themed restaurant very similar to Gators would probably work. The problem is you've got a built in competition in Gators Dockside (which is not the same as AlliGators above).

Point being, if you see a void in the marketplace, by all means fill it. That is the premise of capitalism.

My wife and I would like to open a Bulls bar in the area... who knows in 5 years or so we might belly up and try it. The economy is only getting worse and the retail spaces are only getting cheaper.

First I need to tackle the idea of getting a toilet named after my bullspen handle in the Sun Dome.

Which reminds me, let me know how that campaign goes. I'm very interested in getting one too.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Which reminds me, let me know how that campaign goes. I'm very interested in getting one too.

I have not yet gotten a response yet, but I'm thinking of ways to talk USF into doing it.

Might put USF in my will for a set amount or something to sweeten the pot.

I'll let ya know what comes out of it.