• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Classless is leaving a note in the players lockers that he's gone

Rich Rod and Kelly leaving before BCS games was totally classless. You want Taggert to get USF to the Orange Bowl next year and leave for the SEC before the game is played? And USF gets blown out of perhaps its only chance at a BCS game win? I bet everyone's tune would change then and talk about what an SOB he is, leaving before USF's most historic game.

is wku playing in the bcs? How many other coaches changed jobs this off season and aren't coaching their team in a bowl?

They are playing in either the first or second bowl game in the school's history so yeah, its HUGE for WKU. And its my opinion that a lack of ethics and class and chasing the $ sign is totally what's wrong with college football today. I guess I am in the minority.

I just think your off that it is about chasing $$. He doesn't get any more $$ by coming here tomorrow or 2 weeks from now. It is about the next chapter and everybody needs to move on.

I have no problem with leaving for more money, but I think coaches should always stay to coach the bowl game, especially a BCS bowl. NIU will probably never get another shot at a big time bowl game, so it's sad to see the coach abandon the school and the players.

Obviously WKU is a little different since it's not a major bowl but still a big deal to WKU and their fans.

Anyways, I'm excited for Taggart to take over.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

Excited to see what Taggert has planned for #USF!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Woulard just tweeted he's excited to see what taggart does. Promising sign. Having 2 former qbs in tags and Blackwell can only help land Woulard or another qb.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

Color me hopeful and unimpressed. Also, 16-20 IS a losing record unless you break them up individually.

Edited by wert_the_gwert

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820

Sorry but he needs to get here ASAP and start recruiting for us and forming a staff. It is not classless, he has a different job now and he's being paid over a million a year to do it.

His getting here now versus in 2 weeks translates into how many more wins for USF next season? I bet, none.

No but it matters in 2-4 years when 2 weeks could mean Woulward, Kemp, R. Adams, Grant and whoever else. Leave the OC to lead team at bowl game and get here ASAP.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Asiantii Woulard â€@Asiantii_2

Excited to see what Taggert has planned for #USF!

Goes along with the idea that 2 weeks won't make much of a deal in the long run for USF when people interested in USF are excited about the hire, they aren't going anywhere and will see his staying on to coach a bowl game as being dedicated to the team. That can only help in recruiting. "I wanted to stay with my team for this important last game" is only going to help.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry but he needs to get here ASAP and start recruiting for us and forming a staff. It is not classless, he has a different job now and he's being paid over a million a year to do it.

His getting here now versus in 2 weeks translates into how many more wins for USF next season? I bet, none.

No but it matters in 2-4 years when 2 weeks could mean Woulward, Kemp, R. Adams, Grant and whoever else. Leave the OC to lead team at bowl game and get here ASAP.

+1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

We could miss out on some key recruits. If he signs the contract, then he is officially our coach, not WKU's. Therefore, he should be working for us not them. Maybe there's some recruits he can sway toward USF that were planning on going elsewhere. There is almost 3 weeks left until their bowl game, that is almost half the amount of time between now and signing day.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  579

Moving on in college football is the norm. It isn't a big deal either way. If he leaves before the bowl it doesn't prove he is void of moral fiber.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

No but it matters in 2-4 years when 2 weeks could mean Woulward, Kemp, R. Adams, Grant and whoever else. Leave the OC to let team at bowl game and get here ASAP.

Doubt it. And from the posts on this board, people talk about the commits USF has all suck so which is it? Taggert has extensive ties to the Tampa recruiting scene and its full of top