• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bobby Petrino...SEAL THE DEAL!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

In organized sports, IMO, one of the ultimate **** moves is walking out on your team .... **** Petrino.

Winning cures everything.

No matter when Petrino lands there will be a pocket of fans that hate the hire. They'll come around eventually. Once he's your *******, you don't mind so much. But as I said, he's not coming to USF.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

If we hired Petrino today, he'd be gone tomorrow if he got what he felt was a better offer.

More than likely, I doubt that would happen for at least 2-3 years though. Until then, we could get a good foundation built. And let's say for argument purposes he took us to a 9 or 10 win season. If he does leave, it would not cost us anything more. We would not have to buy out the contract.

And then it would be easier to find a good coach with a better record and better prestige.

Sure. I mean it worked out perfectly for Louisville and Arkansas, right? Oh, wait...

If we hired Petrino today, he'd be gone tomorrow if he got what he felt was a better offer.

More than likely, I doubt that would happen for at least 2-3 years though. Until then, we could get a good foundation built. And let's say for argument purposes he took us to a 9 or 10 win season. If he does leave, it would not cost us anything more. We would not have to buy out the contract.

And then it would be easier to find a good coach with a better record and better prestige.

Sure. I mean it worked out perfectly for Louisville and Arkansas, right? Oh, wait...

You mean you don't like Bielema? Worked out well for Arkansas. It was Arkansas who chose to fire Petrino so late in the cycle and hand the reigns to an assistant instead of getting a coach.

Louisville got Kragthorpe'd, but I think thye're happy with Strong. Petrino's tenures at both schools made both jobs more desirable in the long run.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208

You mean you don't like Bielema? Worked out well for Arkansas. It was Arkansas who chose to fire Petrino so late in the cycle and hand the reigns to an assistant instead of getting a coach.

Louisville got Kragthorpe'd, but I think thye're happy with Strong. Petrino's tenures at both schools made both jobs more desirable in the long run.

Well technically Smith had already taken over at Weber State, but Arkansas didn't have too much in the way of options given Petrino's impeccable timing.

Well technically Smith had already taken over at Weber State, but Arkansas didn't have too much in the way of options given Petrino's impeccable timing.

Arkansas could have suspended him a game or two and let him finish the year. They were the ones that sent him packing, not the other way round this time.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554
  • Days Won:  0

Arkansas could have suspended him a game or two and let him finish the year. They were the ones that sent him packing, not the other way round this time.

Unacceptable. He got his peepee wet with a woman that wasn't his wife. Should have been stoned to death in Razorback Stadium.

Unacceptable. He got his peepee wet with a woman that wasn't his wife. Should have been stoned to death in Razorback Stadium.

His wife should have left him, not his job... And she hasn't even done that yet.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  60

Press Conference is being held making the formal announcement... Sorry fellow Bulls, a pic like this is too funny not to share!

zlw1ud.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

lol d.a.m.n you man, d.a.m.n you haha...

Edited by usfvictor