• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well...baseball season is only a few months away

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody have any good news to share what with soccer, basketball, and football choking? Any news on the baseball recruits we have so far? Any chance of a return to the NCAA Regionals? How about softball? Any news on water polo?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hey soccer did well, they got hemmed up in the last few mins in the NCAA tourney. They played well this year. Basketball is just getting started. I am all for pitch forks and torches when it comes to football, but relax on the other sports.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Basketball will take a little time to get going, but it will still be a great season to watch.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

soccer did well, but expected a deep run from them...they underperformed compared to their potential. Somebody needs to find that dam voodoo doll that was planted on campus!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

Last regional?????????????????????? 2002

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390

Last regional?????????????????????? 2002

Yeah longest drought in Florida besides FAMU. Our longest drought before this current streak was 3 seasons, which were sandwiched between appearances in 1997 and 2001.

Most recent appearances for other schools and number of appearances by them since we made our last appearance in 02....

Florida State: 2012 (10)

Miami: 2012 (10)

Bethune Cookman: 2012 (9)

Florida: 2012 (8)

UCF: 2012 (3)

Jacksonville: 2011 (5)

Stetson: 2011 (5)

FAU: 2010 (4)

FIU: 2010 (1)

UNF, FGCU, FAMU: none. Although FGCU and UNF have recently jumped up to D1.

Let's look at the Big East since we started play in '06, including number of appearances since we've been in the conference.

Louisville: 2012 (5)

St Johns: 2012 (5)

UConn: 2011 (2)

Seton Hall: 2011 (1)

Rutgers: 2007 (1)

Notre Dame: 2006 (1)

Doesn't everyone feel better now? Yeah neither do I...lol

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  208

Keep an eye out for Softball this year. Last year the team made it to the College World Series (think Elite 8 in basketball). Last year's team had 5 Seniors on it with I believe 3 constant starters that just graduated. But we have a very talented and deep team this year. The team is mainly Sophmore's and Juniors this season, so the future still remains very bright. Plus throw in a very solid recruiting class this year and you have the make up for a successful team for a few years to come. Coach Ken and his Staff are doing a great job with this program, especially now with the new softball stadium they are bringing in strong recruiting classes each season.

My Bold Prediction this season will be: baring any injuries we will have one of the top (if not the top) pitching staffs in the big east.

We are returning Sara Nevins (Jr.) who has gotten better with every offseason and will probably lead the team in wins this year.

Lindsey Richardson (Sr.) She is very consistant and does not let the game rattle her. Expect her to come in and just dominate the competition.

Sam Greiner (So.) Still pretty raw talent but with an offseason to work on her mechanics and perfecting her game I think we will see a huge improvement from her.

Then to add to an already solid pitching core. Our new Freshman Pitcher Erica Nunn, might not see too much time on the mound mainly because we have a deep staff but I can expect her pitching in games in which we are ahead and doing some clean up duty. I do not have too much information on her but this is striaght from the Athletics bio: Selected as ESPN High School All-American in 2012, All-State (NC) 4A Pitcher of the Year, Tri-9 Conference Softball Player of the Year, News & Observer High School Athlete Softball Player of the Year, and Team MVP.

Go Bulls Softball!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not too jazzed about baseball. Prado continues to recruit the same high schools, pitching coach Chuck Hernandez just got hired by the Marlins, and I'm not seeing where we'll get power from in this current lineup. It'll essentially be the status quo for baseball--woeful underachievement. But how about those facilities, huh? :D