• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Helping those affected by Hurricane Sandy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

We need to have a donation campaign set up this weekend at the game to be able to donate Money, Canned goods and other items needed to aide those affected by Hurricance Sandy.

I called the USF Bulls ticket office, They are doing a Toys for tots this weekend.(didnt know anything about this BTW go figure Not that USF has advertised this that Im aware of)

I also left a message with Io Dixion Asst AD Im told, Asking that he call me back so I can present the idea to them, Im Hoping that we can get the American Redcross or some other organziation out there to collect money and items.

If USF cant or wont than I encourage everyone to go on line and make doantions to some charity that will help those in need right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

We need to have a donation campaign set up this weekend at the game to be able to donate Money, Canned goods and other items needed to aide those affected by Hurricance Sandy.

I called the USF Bulls ticket office, They are doing a Toys for tots this weekend.(didnt know anything about this BTW go figure Not that USF has advertised this that Im aware of)

I also left a message with Io Dixion Asst AD Im told, Asking that he call me back so I can present the idea to them, Im Hoping that we can get the American Redcross or some other organziation out there to collect money and items.

If USF cant or wont than I encourage everyone to go on line and make doantions to some charity that will help those in need right now.

Here's the quickest and best way to help those in need up there: https://www.redcross...temId=prod10002

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Already did that and have posted that link with others on facebook, ESPN blog ect..... USF could do something as well. If everyone entering the stadium this week gave just 1.00 we could raise 10,000 or slightly more this week. Based on projected attendance and 1.00 donated.

I think it would be a great gesture by USF to do this. I was also suprised that there in no mention on GO USF BULLS website about this Toys for Tots that is supposed to be happening this week, No email blast to season ticket holders either, How does USF expect fans to know to bring toys this week?

The marketing dept is horrific. I reached out to them to see what I could do or to suggest something and have yet to get a return phone call.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Great suggestion Dhambuc. I think Triple is right...the Red Cross will be the quickest way to assist the victims of Hurricane Sandy. They are already in the trenches of the hardest hit areas helping out.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Already did that and have posted that link with others on facebook, ESPN blog ect..... USF could do something as well. If everyone entering the stadium this week gave just 1.00 we could raise 10,000 or slightly more this week. Based on projected attendance and 1.00 donated.

I think it would be a great gesture by USF to do this. I was also suprised that there in no mention on GO USF BULLS website about this Toys for Tots that is supposed to be happening this week, No email blast to season ticket holders either, How does USF expect fans to know to bring toys this week?

The marketing dept is horrific. I reached out to them to see what I could do or to suggest something and have yet to get a return phone call.

Marketing should have at least returned your phone call but I don't see a problem with not doing anything about the natural disaster, especially on such short notice. It's not the first natural disaster we've had during football season .... and are you sure they're doing Toys for Tots this Saturday? THAT is a problem if true because I couldn't find anything either... definitely need a little heads up on that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

1. How about we give some of the Rutgers recruits a safe home in Tampa

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, let's get back to the point of this thread- helping people affected by Sandy. Here's the Red Cross link again (previously posted by Triple B - thanks) https://www.redcross.org/donate/index.jsp?donateStep=2&itemId=prod10002

• Upvote 1