• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz's position is now untenable

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

I mean, i am at a loss for words :furious3:

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

profanity laced tyraids always helps . . . apathy will soon set in if it hasn't already.

I have never felt worse about the state of USF football

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

< Apathetic

I hope we lose out so they will have no choice but to fire him.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf football has been in decline for years

• Upvote 1

We will never be truly big-time until we can keep the 4- and 5- star recruits within 50 miles of our campus from choosing the likes of UF, FSU, Alabama, and Georgia instead of us.

I remember when Saban took over at LSU in 2000, one of the first things he said was "we have to build a recruiting wall around Louisiana" to keep the talent staying home at LSU instead of hemorraghing away. We need to do the same for the greater Tampa Bay area. That should be USF territory, and it isn't.

Edited by BatonRougeBull87

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

What Holtz needs are a coaching staff that does their jobs WELL. Right now Holtz is drowning. He is scared of losing (you see it in his game management, the guy is petrified), and has coordinators and coaches at every position failing at their jobs.

Holtz isn't this bad a coach. He isn't. But it is his fault that all these problems have snowballed and created the catastrophe that is taking place. He needs to wipe up his tears, man up, and take some responsibility for this team right now. Firing Cosh and the rest of the Defensive staff is a good start, then he needs to follow it up with the hiring of a big time INDEPENDENT DC. He can right this ship, but he needs to start making his moves. Right freaking now.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

What Holtz needs are a coaching staff that does their jobs WELL. Right now Holtz is drowning. He is scared of losing (you see it in his game management, the guy is petrified), and has coordinators and coaches at every position failing at their jobs.

Holtz isn't this bad a coach. He isn't. But it is his fault that all these problems have snowballed and created the catastrophe that is taking place. He needs to wipe up his tears, man up, and take some responsibility for this team right now. Firing Cosh and the rest of the Defensive staff is a good start, then he needs to follow it up with the hiring of a big time INDEPENDENT DC. He can right this ship, but he needs to start making his moves. Right freaking now.

Holtz was demoted on his own dad's staff.

he can't blame what is going on on his coordinators.

we averaged 8.2 yards per carry yesterday and still passed the ball 30 times.

I like murray but what happened to Shaw? Lamar gets hurt and Shaw who averaged 8.8 ypc had 4 carries??

our defense plays that way because it's skip's philosophy. play off the ball. keep play in front of you. rush 4. (i.e. prevent defense)

he coaches not to lose. I get running on 1st and 2nd down late to run clock but why wouldn't you go for first down on 3rd and nine?? get that first down and the game is over. he did the same against Temple.

he almost went for it on 4th and 9 from their 30 yard line with under 10 seconds left in half> I swear this guy is clueless at critical moments.

Edited by Bull94