• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After re-watching the game.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

And being sober that is.... I am optimistic about the rest of the year.

1.) defense got good pressure against a great o-line.

2.) running game looked good, should've stuck with it before we got down late.

3.) the FSU fumble play with about 4 minutes left pissed me off- 84 kept pushing like a punk, should've been a penalty.

4.) if Matt Floyd did not have to come in on that other fumble, game would've been closer

5.) dumb throw away on fourth down and his pick, but bj kept us in this game and gave his all. You gotta respect the kid.

If our defense plays this well against the rest of our opponents we will be in good shape.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Speaking of Floyd's fumble, i wonder if that penalty (personal foul) was occurred before a returner got in the end zone?

good point didnt even think about that. He got pretty beat up for being in for about 5 seconds

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

\

good point didnt even think about that. He got pretty beat up for being in for about 5 seconds

Everyone focused on Floyd. How about the LT whiffing on the one play of the game you know your backup QB just went into the game cold. Way to help a brother out.

\

Everyone focused on Floyd. How about the LT whiffing on the one play of the game you know your backup QB just went into the game cold. Way to help a brother out.

I agree. Shouldve just been a run up the middle though. Oh well

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Speaking of Floyd's fumble, i wonder if that penalty (personal foul) was occurred before a returner got in the end zone?

From the stands it did look like he blew him out before the guy got into the end zone, but in that case I think it would have been a legit block. So it seems either way, it was either dead ball or legal play. It was a cheap shot for sure. Obviously Matt Floyd's head wasn't in the game, hard to do under the circumstance.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

\

Well it was just the oddest serious of events. Damien Edwards was getting a breather on the play, so we had the backup LT. Demtirus Murray should have picked up the chip on the left tackle but for some odd reason decided to instead block up the middle. It took about 5 mistakes for that play to happen, it was just odd.

Obviously I think if it was the first half Skip would burn a timeout to get a better play in. But at that point it felt like we really needed those timeouts and to be honest, it also felt like our D was on its heels and wouldn't have stopped them if gave the ball right back. I was pretty upset in the stands w/ our OC for calling that play, but to tell you the truth, in that game situation and with the clarity of a day, I'd have thrown the ball too. It might have been a 3 step drop and fire, but we really HAD to pick that first down up to stay in the game.