• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RayJay Revenue vs. OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Believe me guys. We build it they will come! lol

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it. Also something most people don't know is a lot of the folks that sit between the 40's have been grandfathered in from way back on their donation level. While the rest of us pay current rates. Some of these people only pay $500 a year to sit around the 50 yard line. Building a new facility would change that and everyone would be paying what's fair. That is a lot of additional revenue for the school. I am also a proponent of charging for something I know won't be popular. A lot of colleges charge students for tickets. I think a $5 ticket is reasonable. Let's say we have 14K students and at $5 each we are talking about $70K per game. That's between 420K and 490K depending on if we have 6 or 7 home games. We can use that money to provide promotional items for the games. To encourage school spirit. Heck even to have good half time or after game shows. The money could even be used to send the band to all the away games.

With the way the economy is now is the time to build. Contractors are building things at prices that we most likely wont see again. They are taking jobs just to keep workers busy. A stadium would revitalize Fowler Ave. It would create that College Atmosphere that Tampa lacks. Will building one make the Team better. No but I believe it helps with Recruiting. Kids like to be part of something. Tradition is Huge!!! Winning will come. I believe Coach Holtz will right the ship. No worries there. If you feel as I do I encourage you to write letters both to Judy Genshaft and Doug Woolard.

Orlando Bull,

You are siting one game and they were the #2 team at that time. Of course it will be loud. However it isn't ever that way normally. You know I am right. As much as I hate UCF's stadium it is loud!!! I am not suggesting we build something like that but it needs to be something that keeps the sound in the stadium. We have amazing facilities for everything else. Now is the time to start for football. It will take a few years for fundraising and then a few years to build. So start now and when the contract with RayJay expires we will be ready!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it. Also something most people don't know is a lot of the folks that sit between the 40's have been grandfathered in from way back on their donation level. While the rest of us pay current rates. Some of these people only pay $500 a year to sit around the 50 yard line. Building a new facility would change that and everyone would be paying what's fair. That is a lot of additional revenue for the school. I am also a proponent of charging for something I know won't be popular. A lot of colleges charge students for tickets. I think a $5 ticket is reasonable. Let's say we have 14K students and at $5 each we are talking about $70K per game. That's between 420K and 490K depending on if we have 6 or 7 home games. We can use that money to provide promotional items for the games. To encourage school spirit. Heck even to have good half time or after game shows. The money could even be used to send the band to all the away games.

With the way the economy is now is the time to build. Contractors are building things at prices that we most likely wont see again. They are taking jobs just to keep workers busy. A stadium would revitalize Fowler Ave. It would create that College Atmosphere that Tampa lacks. Will building one make the Team better. No but I believe it helps with Recruiting. Kids like to be part of something. Tradition is Huge!!! Winning will come. I believe Coach Holtz will right the ship. No worries there. If you feel as I do I encourage you to write letters both to Judy Genshaft and Doug Woolard.

Believe me I couldnt agree more with you. However, I will admit that we should at least get an indoor practice facility first, among other facilities. I like your point on the economy, but I also think that because of this economy, along with budget cuts, I dont see us coughing that money up without a huge donor. We need to ask Mark Cuban if he wants to put a down payment down lol.

The indoor facility can be part of the stadium. Incorporate it into the design and the costs. The money for a stadium can be done against a bond. The search for Donors can be an ongoing process. If we can find money for the SunDome then we can find money for this. Let's face it Basketball doesn't drive Athletics in Florida. Football is King!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Anybody who's ever been to a game in a real college football town (like the big boys the SEC) will agree the benefits of an OCS are invaluable to the team's momentum during the game and increase the chances of you know, actually winning home games. There's a reason SEC teams don't lose at home (not counting the cupcake FCS games)- the stadiums are packed with students and alumni. They're loud as hell and on their feet every play. Throw in the pre-game rituals and on-campus tailgating and you've got yourself home field advantage.

Give me a break. Tell that to Miami, who managed to win multiple National Championships in a broken down NFL stadium with sparse crowds.

You need to brush up on Miami football history The Hurricanes were playing in the The Orange Bowl (originally - Burdines Stadium) for almost 30 years before the Dolphins even existed.

Unless I am mistaken, The Orange Bowl is not on the University of Miami campus. And when Miami was winning the national championships, The Orange Bowl was neither a nifty stadium nor on campus.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it.

UCF has more students plus faculty and staff and they can't fill a 45K seat stadium for a national TV game against a traditional power.

The indoor facility can be part of the stadium. Incorporate it into the design and the costs. The money for a stadium can be done against a bond. The search for Donors can be an ongoing process. If we can find money for the SunDome then we can find money for this. Let's face it Basketball doesn't drive Athletics in Florida. Football is King!

I wouldnt have a problem building a stadium like Nippert to start. Around 30k first, then expandable once demand is high enough. We can do 30k easily imo. Even during hard times we could do well. Once we have enoguh demand with season tickets we can start expanding slowly. I still think this is a ways away though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it.

UCF has more students plus faculty and staff and they can't fill a 45K seat stadium for a national TV game against a traditional power.

In their defense... and I can't believe that I am.... It was 100 degrees at noon that day. I love USF football but you would have found it very hard for me to watch a game in those conditions.

In their defense... and I can't believe that I am.... It was 100 degrees at noon that day. I love USF football but you would have found it very hard for me to watch a game in those conditions.

Nothing worse than a football/baseball/soccer game in Florida at noon. Nothing appealing about it.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Anybody who's ever been to a game in a real college football town (like the big boys the SEC) will agree the benefits of an OCS are invaluable to the team's momentum during the game and increase the chances of you know, actually winning home games. There's a reason SEC teams don't lose at home (not counting the cupcake FCS games)- the stadiums are packed with students and alumni. They're loud as hell and on their feet every play. Throw in the pre-game rituals and on-campus tailgating and you've got yourself home field advantage.

Give me a break. Tell that to Miami, who managed to win multiple National Championships in a broken down NFL stadium with sparse crowds.

You need to brush up on Miami football history The Hurricanes were playing in the The Orange Bowl (originally - Burdines Stadium) for almost 30 years before the Dolphins even existed.

Unless I am mistaken, The Orange Bowl is not on the University of Miami campus. And when Miami was winning the national championships, The Orange Bowl was neither a nifty stadium nor on campus.

I didn't say it was on campus or that it was nifty? It was their home stadium ( stadium that was built for college football) long before it was home to the AFL/NFL Dolphins.

• Downvote 1