• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I love the way USF plays defense.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

The whole team has been active on the defensive side of the ball. The defense really forced Cincy to get out of their game in that they kept missing those outside three pointers. You have to love the way Bryant at 6ft 3 basically took on the big Cincy players in Hicks and Maxwell. I thought Maxwell should have been called for more over the backs in that game because he basically pushed Bryant out of the way to get some of those rebounds. The one thing that I dont like when we are playing defense is when we foul on an easy lay up. It is like our defense is just too proud to let the other team go up uncontestant after we get beat at times. Anyway, I love the way our defense forces chaos on the other teams and creates fast breaks off the turnovers. It seems like our offense plays better at times when we push the ball up court before the other team gets set.  As for tonights game against Memphis. I believe our defense will keep USF in the game. Sure Memphis scored a lot yesterday, but they were playing against a poor defensive team in Charlotte IMO.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

The whole team has been active on the defensive side of the ball. The defense really forced Cincy to get out of their game in that they kept missing those outside three pointers. You have to love the way Bryant at 6ft 3 basically took on the big Cincy players in Hicks and Maxwell. I thought Maxwell should have been called for more over the backs in that game because he basically pushed Bryant out of the way to get some of those rebounds. The one thing that I dont like when we are playing defense is when we foul on an easy lay up. It is like our defense is just too proud to let the other team go up uncontestant after we get beat at times. Anyway, I love the way our defense forces chaos on the other teams and creates fast breaks off the turnovers. It seems like our offense plays better at times when we push the ball up court before the other team gets set.  As for tonights game against Memphis. I believe our defense will keep USF in the game. Sure Memphis scored a lot yesterday, but they were playing against a poor defensive team in Charlotte IMO.

You have to credit Coach Mac for this... he kept switching Defenses on Cincy... and Huggins didn't have an answer...

Cincy was cold from outside, so a zone worked... when they started making those shots, we switched to man-to-man... when they started driving and getting easy looks, switch back to zone... it worked perfectly... UC couldn't get a feel... and couldn't get baskets to fall.

Add to that our EDGE in rebounding... and it was a big game overall.

If the Bulls play with the same intensity and effort tonight, we could be playing on Saturday.

RESPECT.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Both Houston and Cincinnati shot under 40% FG.  That is the reason for the 2 victories.  If USF defense keeps putting up numbers like that, they will be in every game.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

They foul intentinally on those easy lay ups.  It's harder to make 2 FT's than a layup.  What kills me is when they foul too late, give up the basket and the FT.  (Used to happen a great deal in the past).

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They foul intentinally on those easy lay ups.  It's harder to make 2 FT's than a layup.  What kills me is when they foul too late, give up the basket and the FT.  (Used to happen a great deal in the past).

Diarra had that one last night. I about flipped. If you're going to foul a guy going to the basket, make it count.