• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Negativity on this board....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I, like others on this board, have been negative after this loss. Some have been chastised for it in a few threads.

I had a realization. A few years ago we beat FSU at FSU. I stayed in Tally. After the game, many FSU fans talked with us, we were at potbellies a bar near campus. Most were very cordial and the common remark was something along the lines of "its okay, USF played great and we lose all the time". Bottom line, FSU fans had grown complacent and they could accept driving 5+ hours and spending$100's on hotel rooms and food, to watch their team lose to a newer/lesser program.

I don't want our fans to become complacent. Last year, for the first time in a decade and second in hour history, we had a losing season. No bowl game. Near the bottom of our conference.

We lost a winnable home game on Thursday night to a team we should have beaten. It was unacceptable.

We have proven under our old coaching staff we can have winning seasons, beat tougher opponents, and go to and win bowl games. We recruited talent, and the Leavitt years paved the way for the the Holtz years. The hard work was done. This coaching staff should be able to reap the rewards of the previous coaching staff.

But it appears we are heading backwards. I for one am okay with "appropriate" negativity on this board. We should never begin to accept losses, no matter how many pile up. If we end up with a 6 - 6 season or less, there is cause to replace the coaching staff.

I am realistic, I am not asking for an NCS. But we are sliding down tremendously and the head coach needs to be accountable. Losing sucks, and we are paying our money for something, and that includes performance acceptable given the conditions we are under.

For those of you who have voiced your opinions on here, thanks, they are warranted. For those of you who chastise negative posters, please stop. No one should ever have to accept sub-standard performance.

In different terms, if you had a horrible server and service at a restaurant, what would you do? Most would complain to the manager and might tip a lower amount. They would use their voice and their wallet.

I encourage everyone to be vocal about what your expectations are whenever you are in contact with those in positions of responsibility at USF. Losing is not going to cut it in year 3. We deserve more.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sorry, FSU fans have class, not complacency. It's something our fanbase could learn a lot from. You can win like Miami, or win like FSU. I choose FSU to emulate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Sorry, FSU fans have class, not complacency. It's something our fanbase could learn a lot from. You can win like Miami, or win like FSU. I choose FSU to emulate.

Agreed

• Upvote 1

We don't have multiple national championship years, league title wins, and a top 5 conference to fall back on. FSU can choose to be complacent for a while with little impact.

We are in a dying big 6 conference, which is truly tier 2. If we want any real conference to consider us, we need to do a better job. Otherwise we will be permanently relegated to Division 2 (figuratively), which is almost where we are now.

Edited by IncrediBULL
  • Upvote 1

Agreed

Yep. And watching a game like Pitt had, to me, demonstrates its too early in the season to toss in the towel. No one wants to lose. We have a coach who is a proven winner.

in CUSA

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Negativity is okay, however apathy will kill a program.

We don't have multiple national championship years, league title wins, and a top 5 conference to fall back on. FSU can choose to be complacent for a while with little impact.

We are in a dying big 6 conference, which is truly tier 2. If we want any real conference to consider us, we need to do a better job. Otherwise we will be permanently relegated to Division 2 (figuratively), which is almost where we are now.

What did Pitt do last season to get into the ACC? Or the season before. Or the season before. Or the......

They have a lot more history. We are newer to CFB and our performance will be a key determinant. We are top 9 in country for enrollment. We are in an NFL city and tv market. We are in a top 5 state for recruiting. But people still confuse us with Central Florida and often think "Southern Florida" is located near Miami.

We are known for losing games in which we lead, and seasons in which we start strong but drop like flies halfway through.

If we want any conference to consider us, we have to begin selling ourselves early. Otherwise, Pitt, Louisville, Cinci, etc will continue to be more attractive targets.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Us fans by supporting the team even when we have bad games/seasons will help the entire program. There always could be a worse situation...we could be Col in Bolder or even Idaho, who are homeless. If we stay passionate and support the team, we will be put in great situations. Look at our neighbor in Orlando.....we are in a better position then them even though they are about to join the Big East. I get people complenting me everyday on being a diehard fan with my Bulls plate and flags....driving to NC, Tampa, etc. We can get angry at bad games and coaching decisons, but we need to fill up the stadium and get loud so we can continue to grow as a program......

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We don't have multiple national championship years, league title wins, and a top 5 conference to fall back on.

So we have to act like *******s? Sorry, there was a time when FSU had not won multiple national championships, and they were still classy. Try again.