• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Folks, relax...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Are you people slow? ND going to the ACC all but destroys the BE. The BE partnership with ND gave us a HUGE bargaining chip with NBC. Now what does the BE have? Not a single national relivant football team, a weeaker bb product to sell to who? Now ESPN will come to BE and say "see we told you sign with us or we will destroy you" and they have. The only thing that will save USF is if USF and UL get invited to the Big12 because now FSU and any other ACC teams cant leave with a 50mill buyout. If, and this is a big if, the Big12 wants a Florida presence we may get lucky and move but otherwise we are relegated to CUSA part 2 and will never be at the big boy table again. This year winngin the BE is now more important then ever and winnnig a BCS game.

I also expect Navy and BSU to back out of the conference. Why would they stay with a sinking ship that wont be getting anywhere near the same tv money as they thought now? ND going to the ACC is basically a death blow to the BE and its relivance.

This guy is right on. Just change our names back to C-USA because that's pretty much what happened. The dust has settled and the Big East got the **** end of the stick.

I agree with you that it ruined our TV contract leverage... but disagree that the loss of ND ruined the conference... the conference has been ruined since it refused to get rid of the basketball schools back when Miami, VT, and BC asked them to. Since then the conference has chosen to remain some bipolar conference which is not attractive to football schools.

It ultimately comes down to conference relevance. Without an abundance of big named schools and only a few football teams considered competitive, it really has taken a toll on the original BE schools in the conference. It's a shame really and I would suspect we drop out of the auto BCS bid in the next few seasons.

There is no auto BCS bid starting in 2014 ...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Are you people slow? ND going to the ACC all but destroys the BE. The BE partnership with ND gave us a HUGE bargaining chip with NBC. Now what does the BE have? Not a single national relivant football team, a weeaker bb product to sell to who? Now ESPN will come to BE and say "see we told you sign with us or we will destroy you" and they have. The only thing that will save USF is if USF and UL get invited to the Big12 because now FSU and any other ACC teams cant leave with a 50mill buyout. If, and this is a big if, the Big12 wants a Florida presence we may get lucky and move but otherwise we are relegated to CUSA part 2 and will never be at the big boy table again. This year winngin the BE is now more important then ever and winnnig a BCS game.

I also expect Navy and BSU to back out of the conference. Why would they stay with a sinking ship that wont be getting anywhere near the same tv money as they thought now? ND going to the ACC is basically a death blow to the BE and its relivance.

This guy is right on. Just change our names back to C-USA because that's pretty much what happened. The dust has settled and the Big East got the **** end of the stick.

I agree with you that it ruined our TV contract leverage... but disagree that the loss of ND ruined the conference... the conference has been ruined since it refused to get rid of the basketball schools back when Miami, VT, and BC asked them to. Since then the conference has chosen to remain some bipolar conference which is not attractive to football schools.

It ultimately comes down to conference relevance. Without an abundance of big named schools and only a few football teams considered competitive, it really has taken a toll on the original BE schools in the conference. It's a shame really and I would suspect we drop out of the auto BCS bid in the next few seasons.

CHA CHING!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

CHA CHING!!!

:(