• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

And when you past the creepy part it's okay :D

cougars need lovin' too

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I think the administration is doing a lot more to get students involved in football and athletics in general with orientation and things of the sort. Good turnout for the students, but we need to have 12,501 in the seats. Hopefully we work our way towards that number throughout the season.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829

I have been going to games since 1998! I was very impressed the third level had warm bodies the students did their part very good all around for playing a team called the mocking birds! I remember when we were lucky to get 12,000! We got a W as for next week??????Nevada looks good. Out.

Section 125.

we've never had attendance that bad for a home game-- doubt we ever had less than

19K (butts in seats, not tickets sold either)-- been to all of them except one.

Your right I was exaggerating remember when the by the 3rd qt you had what would become the beef studs running around the stadium.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

A little background of myself since I'm a rare poster on this forum, but I'm a "31 year old, c/o '04 die hard who won't sit anywhere but the student section" fan. I still have a lot of friends who go and buy guest tickets, I prefer to be in the section because of the atmosphere. I yell, I scream, I bang on the chairback in front of me. Don't knock me because I don't buy the season tickets as a rabid fan -- I still pay my $9, I still go to games, I still support my team. Just on the north end zone. I tried sitting other places before and it seemed so dead to me.

Love your support. I really do. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's time to move to an alumni section. Take that support and spread it to other parts of the stadium. Do you still tailgate with students too?

Just my honest opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the creeperness ;). I don't tailgate with students, I tailgate with my friends. We just park in a random lot and go at it. I'm not scopin out anyone in the north end zone, I just enjoy being as crazy as the next guy. There will be a day when that will end, but for now I have option to do it. Most of my friends are grad students so they get me the access.

I would move, but like I said I'm in there for the atmosphere. I love being rabid -- screaming, standing, participating in all the cheers... you know... all the things that make a big game atmosphere that much greater. I've tried twice to sit in other sections and I did all of the aforementioned. I got lambasted by fans telling me to sit down, stop screaming, and watch the game. I knew that was no place for me.

Maybe it's time that I just sit on my hands? Is the alumni section just as good as you say it is?

It's embarrassing to the fans when a someone my age tries to get everyone hyped up in a section that would rather me sit down and keep quiet. It's like that guy at the Rays game who does the same thing, but everyone is so complacent. They understand why he's doing it, admire him because he's doing it, but it doesn't mean they'll get up and join him.

And yeah guys come on... we're all getting older ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

it's hard to keep up that enthusiasm as you get older

I like not having to stand the entire game these days. 10 years ago was a different story. I still try to cheer and make noise etc but it is not as loud, not as often, and much more selective than previous years.

I don't mind people going crazy in the stands with excitement for the team-- with the exception of seating directly behind me yelling in my ear or people who are profane (there are ALWAYS children around-- can we be a little aware of that?)

I know I don't get as excited for an FCS game as I do for a BCS game. Doesn't make me less of a fan-- just older and a little more reserved

Profanity is always in the student section... you can't tell them to stop... it's almost like where it belongs. If there' s a bad call on the field, you automatically know what's coming.

I still figure while I have the legs, the voice, and the spirit, I can do what I do. I just want to see the gameday atmosphere change.

And it's true, FCS game vs BCS. I anticipate a different story come Florida State

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

good number for the team they were playing

the rnc effect and all that jazz

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

as long as they are legal

it is all good

as long as they are legal

it is all good

we're all friends here!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293

There were a good amount of students, but I was a little disappointed in my section of the student endzone. Halfway through the 1st quarter, no one was really screaming, and the majority were seated already. I was even asked by a couple of students behind me to slide over since they couldn't see around me since I was standing.. I mean it was UTC, no biggy.. but I hope to see more enthusiasm against RU.