• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Students showed up nicely, Was pleasntly suprised by the amount in the student section. Keep it up!!!

+1 Students were great last night.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah - like 32,000 in attendance. So that means around 9,000 FSU fans bought the $75 ticket.

Not even close.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Don't think there were anywhere near 9,000 $75 tix

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not too bad of a turnout. Students showed up. That was good.

• Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

A little background of myself since I'm a rare poster on this forum, but I'm a "31 year old, c/o '04 die hard who won't sit anywhere but the student section" fan. I still have a lot of friends who go and buy guest tickets, I prefer to be in the section because of the atmosphere. I yell, I scream, I bang on the chairback in front of me. Don't knock me because I don't buy the season tickets as a rabid fan -- I still pay my $9, I still go to games, I still support my team. Just on the north end zone. I tried sitting other places before and it seemed so dead to me.

My only gripe is that we (I hate to say that because I'm no longer a student!) showed up in droves last night (awesome turnout), but only made noise when we had to (which were very limited). There were signs of life the entire time -- scattered around, but most notably at the bottoms of the section toward the field. There were many students (including myself) who looked back towards the middle of top of the section with students just sitting on their hands and encouraged them to get up. The looks of lethargy and complacency was evident in the stale bodies of the student section -- a vast majority. They were saying on 98.7 last night about the atmosphere and that they can hear it and feel it down on the field, and that's what drives them. And they were begging for more of it.

However, it's the fact of the matter -- Chattanooga. First game. Inept offense and a general overall cloudy day at RJS. I expect this to be quite different vs. Florida State.

We just need to up our game in the student section. Look at Autzen and Ben Hill Griffin. Just absolutely rabid. Those aren't the students. That's the atmosphere. That's 100% of the people, a good 100% of the time. Granted, we have that, but it's only going to grow if we start being rabid in the student section. Just my thought.

On the contrary, I'm proud of what we're doing. I do feel that because we're building traditions here... these students are going to graduate and return and the numbers will keep growing. And then the next class -- the next class -- and so on. 10 years ago, people came to these things walking in with graphic tees and hollister shirts on. Even Florida and Florida State apparel littered our stadium. It was an excuse to watch something on saturday night, share a beer, and watch Indepedent football.

I look at the east and west sides of our stadium in 2012, and I start seeing the horns go up, people, alumni, fans, family, all wearing green. This is getting better. This is getting so much better. In a few years the "SOUTH FLORIDA" spell out during the fight song will encompass the entire stadium as loud as our neighbors to the north (which I'm always envious)

Diarrhea of the mouth... but still proud of what we have done. Of course, winning takes care of everything. So let's start with that

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Go Bulls !!!

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah - like 32,000 in attendance. So that means around 9,000 FSU fans bought the $75 ticket.

Not even close.

Not close at all. My parents have 4 season tickets but only 2 were used last night. Many others with a similar situation.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Wait until we have more alumni and the team starts winning consistently.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I have been going to games since 1998! I was very impressed the third level had warm bodies the students did their part very good all around for playing a team called the mocking birds! I remember when we were lucky to get 12,000! We got a W as for next week??????Nevada looks good. Out.

Section 125.

I still remember Game One with over 50K ... Where did they go !?!