• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brad Smith, DE Jesuit HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care if we get no name out of left field players out of tampa. We need kids out of Tampa to start those pipelines and connect with those coaches and show their former team mates that they can come to USF and have a lot of fun. I feel like if these guys were skill positions that this could be a problem but since they're O-Linemen and D-Linemen I'm not as concerned... Much easier to develop these guys than the D'vos and the Woulards of the world... Got to build that fence and all of these kids coming in have potential and are some of the best at their position in the area, can't hate on that.

+1

Gotta start somewhere. Very nice to see Skip making inroads at Jesuit... their Coach Harrell is a good one too, so thats a great relationship to be building.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not to mention it appears hes a smart young man... love that we're going after smarter kids then in the leavitt days.

We can now be more selective, because of the talent Leavitt brought in. It's a two way street.

We're not being "more selective" though. Leavitt was getting more selective maybe, but Skip seems to have gone backward, in Tampa at least.

UCiF is out recruiting us in Tampa according to a variety of sources. I don't disagree with that notion, it's pretty hard to. (Our overall class is better though.)

I'm just griping that every time Greg reports a new Tampa commit I look them up on Rivals and they're usually a 2-star or barely a 3-star and usually not being recruited very heavily.

UCF got two guys from Tampa we were after. The first was a QB who ended up getting scared off by Woulard and the other was a receiver, who is going to be a Gator.

Just explain to me again how UCF is out recruiting us in Tampa??

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

ESPN trying to negotiate new contract, begins to give USF commits a little star power. Will irony ever taste so sweet. Even AA is giving us banner press. It's amazing what happens when you realize you didn't kill the dog and now you have to feed it table scraps.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

ESPN trying to negotiate new contract, begins to give USF commits a little star power. Will irony ever taste so sweet. Even AA is giving us banner press. It's amazing what happens when you realize you didn't kill the dog and now you have to feed it table scraps.

Yes, ESPN's master scheme to schmooze the Big East has begun by a ranking a 3 star USF prospect and writing a positive article...

Yes, ESPN's master scheme to schmooze the Big East has begun by a ranking a 3 star USF prospect and writing a positive article...

Hey it's better than their usual approach, like "Shut up you pathetic little loser"

Perhaps, ESPN just thought he DESERVED being ranked with 3 stars.

Perhaps, ESPN just thought he DESERVED being ranked with 3 stars.

Nahhhhh.That couldn't be it. Even though I'm sure he does. :blink:

I wish I knew which player BCP is talking about here. I know that he visited Jesuit today.

Katherine Smith â€@katsmith_bhsn

@BigCountyPreps1 @JesuitFootball When has a Jesuit football player NOT sounded poised and collected? #greatquotes

Retweeted by Big County Preps

1h twitter_logo_normal.jpgBig County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

Spoke with a few @JesuitFootball players. They sound poised and collected about this Saturday's Game vs Plant

3h twitter_logo_normal.jpgBig County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

..they are building up, building up and building up. They will be at the top once they get situated." ~ Tampa Bay 2013 prospect

3h twitter_logo_normal.jpgBig County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

"I could really see myself going to USF because it's really close to home and as a program,...

4h twitter_logo_normal.jpgBig County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

Jesuit game to bring out the best in Plant’s Cooper - http://bigcountypreps.com/181/jesuit-game-to-bring-out-the-best-in-plants-cooper/ … @plantfootball #hsfb

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Yawn. Another mediocre kid from Tampa.

If this is the type of Tampa kid we can bring in, then keep recruiting Orlando.

His stats would seem to refute that he is mediocre.

"Smith (6-foot-4, 228 pounds) had a team-high 13 sacks for the Tigers (11-2) last season, adding 54 total tackles and two caused fumbles."

Yes, he is currently undersized for a BCS college DE, but I understand that he is a gray-shirt commmit, which means that he won't be on the field for USF until 2014 at the earliest. By that time, he should be ready to play.

I just don't understand why you would post this for him and his family to read. It realy is unwarranted.

His brother is Phil Smith who was a starting left tackle at Georgia Tech from his redshirt season at 6'-6" and about 285. He graduated in the spring then followed his old line coach to UCF when he was accepted into a graduate program there and he's now right at 300. He'll be starting at tackle for the Knagits unfortunately. Funny thing is he wanted to play at USF but didn't get an offer from Leavitt. Bradley has battled his older brother over the years and is tough as nails, I think we got a real good player in addition to the upstanding student and person. The only reason he is not a three or four star is because he comes from a small private high school where they focus on character and knowlege above all else. He'll be an early starter in his college career, bank it.