• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Interesting side note: In the USF Alert message it says, "- USF Lakeland – Status will be determined after 5 p.m."

What's USF Lakeland?

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Well like normal USF has not failed to surprise... they are closing every campus BUT the Tampa campus... I have already heard that USF will also close Lakeland at 5PM, but not Tampa.

So much for caring for the safety of its students, staff and faculty... especially those that have to drive across the bay and might not be able to get home if the FDOT closes the bridges.

Also tomorrow is the first day of classes... man... I feel bad for all of those students that HAVE to go or get cut from courses... I even feel worse for the freshmen and for those that are going to get stranded tomorrow.

I'm still in disbelief that USF would do something this stupid. Hopefully they change their minds and close...

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Also tomorrow is the first day of classes... man... I feel bad for all of those students that HAVE to go or get cut from courses... I even feel worse for the freshmen and for those that are going to get stranded tomorrow.

I'm still in disbelief that USF would do something this stupid. Hopefully they change their minds and close...

Most of the professors have been told to be lenient with attendance tomorrow and Tuesday because of the weather and traffic from the RNC.

But looking at how the computer models are shaping up, Tampa is only going to get some nasty weather tonight and rain tomorrow. It's good that we're prepared, but this one is a party storm.

Most of the professors have been told to be lenient with attendance tomorrow and Tuesday because of the weather and traffic from the RNC.

But looking at how the computer models are shaping up, Tampa is only going to get some nasty weather tonight and rain tomorrow. It's good that we're prepared, but this one is a party storm.

The models are not set in stone... this storm can turn on a dime at any moment... that is why FIU closed apparently because they were concerned that the storm COULD turn and come across the state and hit them.

This is a money deal... USF is concerned with $$ and not safety. I'm not alone in this check the USF Facebook page... the students are pissed.

I just got this from BayNews9... the carelessness by USF in regards to the threat that this storm poses is similar to the town in Jaws that refused to close the beaches.

Computer models for Isaac's path have begun to come into agreement that the system will develop into a strong Category 2 hurricane before moving onto the Gulf Coast between Louisiana and Florida. Even still, Bay News 9 Chief Meteorologist Mike Clay stressed the Bay area is not out of the woods, as the system is very large and the region will still likely see nasty weather through Monday.

According to Clay, although the storm is expected to pass well west of the Bay area, its far-reaching bands are expected to impact local weather for the next two days. Radar in the Bay area has shown fast-moving squalls coming into; a gust of 50 mph was reported with a band of rain in Polk County earlier Sunday.

Hopefully nobody gets injured tomorrow or in a car accident... if they do they should sue USF for making them go to campus in the middle of a State of Emergency. I'm aware that tomorrow could be sunny and it could be a wasted day, but the odds of that are only 50/50 right now. If I was going to put a wager on peoples lives then I would not take that wager and just close down.

This has money above safety written all over it.

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The models are not set in stone... this storm can turn on a dime at any moment... that is why FIU closed apparently because they were concerned that the storm COULD turn and come across the state and hit them.

This is a money deal... USF is concerned with $$ and not safety. I'm not alone in this check the USF Facebook page... the students are pissed.

No set in stone, but pretty accurate and they still have Isaac moving further to the West.

No set in stone, but pretty accurate and they still have Isaac moving further to the West.

Unless it makes a westward track for Mexico the Tampa Campus will have 40 mph gusts tomorrow and heavy down pours.

Also why did USF just close Lakeland which is safer then Tampa, but leave Tampa open?

If I was a student or parent I'd be pissed right now.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Unless it makes a westward track for Mexico the Tampa Campus will have 40 mph gusts tomorrow and heavy down pours.

Which is just about what you get every day during the summer.