• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question re: Sound system in Sundome

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Heard from some friends (don't recall if they said they read in the paper or heard from a friend) that an entertainer stopped playing at the Sun Dome because the sound was terrible. The crowd was supposedly very unhappy also.

Has anyone else heard the same thing? Or experienced it?

We have tix for Elton John next month and are curious.

Thanks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Heard from some friends (don't recall if they said they read in the paper or heard from a friend) that an entertainer stopped playing at the Sun Dome because the sound was terrible. The crowd was supposedly very unhappy also.

Thanks.

Had a thread on here earlier about that. If memory serves me correctly, the sound problem was the entertainer's equipment, not the Sundome ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

n/m

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Thanks.

Had a thread on here earlier about that. If memory serves me correctly, the sound problem was the entertainer's equipment, not the Sundome ...

THIS!

A good read about it:

http://www2.tbo.com/...back-ar-428405/

Sun Dome manager Trent Merritt acknowledged sound issues but said the venue wasn't at fault. He said good sound starts with the equipment and the engineer behind the soundboard.

"The audio for concerts is provided through the show's traveling sound equipment, never the venue's," he said Tuesday. "The tour's sound system comes in with the show. The No. 1 misconception people have is that the equipment belongs to the venue. It doesn't. It belongs to the tour.

"Unfortunately, when the artist onstage was ripping the audio system, he was actually ripping his own audio people and the tour system."

The tour had a new engineer behind the console Saturday, said Gary Guidry, president of G-Squared, the Houston-based promoters of the Fresh Music Festival,

"We have great sound equipment and a great guy from a sub company; he knew the equipment but he didn't know the songs. If every button isn't tuned perfectly, it's not going to sound good." Guidry said. "My regular sound guy, within the first two or three songs, he could get it right."

Edited by dogma

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Thanks. Haven't been on the Board much and missed the original thread.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

It was also some piss poor R&B tour that canceled the rest of the tour after Tampa, which ended up being some 20+ stops. They said it was lack of ticket sales, but I still suspect there was more to it considering the failures here in Tampa. Someone pointed out in the other thread, if there was a problem with the sound at the SunDome, then someone royally screwed up by not doing a sound check prior to the concert, which is beyond unprofessional.