• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I know many of our alumni down here that have not been to an USF football game yet, will be attending this game and hopefully we can make season tix out of some of them.

I heard that right now there is no plan in bringing our band to the OB. I hope this is not the case as every florida school that has played UM at the OB has brought their band. Its important for USF to look as good in this game as it can since we will have probably our biggest chance at creating new fans in this game.

Can Eric or anyonelse tell me the dept. position on the band for this game?. Is early but im trying my hardest down here to create USF excitement and want to do all possible to make it an all around great time for all.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

that would be a shame, when the band can travel n return in same day.The cost cannot be that much.

It wil make us look bad if UCF can send their band to Marshall and VTech and we cant even send them 4 hrs away

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

That's the first I've heard of our band not traveling.  Although I'm not involved with those discussions, everything I've heard has indicated that the band and cheerleaders will be making the trip to Miami.  Subject to change.

That will be a great thing to bring up though at our Around the Horns event down in Miami this June.  

Eric

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Do we still have a band or is it a "band club"? What I mean is that the HOT has decreased in size since it's debut and the performances get progressively worse. there seems to be no leadership or energy from this group. Which is a shame considering that college bands are a big component of the pageatry that makes college football so exciting.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I believe that there seams to be no leadership is because they dont have a coach. Or what ever the head of the band is called.  I believe he was let go during football season.  

Also durring basketball its not band just the part that wants to stay areound for bball

as well as the band not looking so "HOT" i also think the cheerleaders dont look the same from football season to the basketball season.  durring football they looked more alive and did alot more stuff.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I got space for a cheerleader or two in my car...    :D

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Speaking of the band, didnt they fire thier band director after the Memphis game?  Any news on how the new band director is doing?  Hopefully he can teach them more than one song which is to be played over and over and over again week after week before the football season starts.  

Also has there been any word on FAMU's band?  I am really hoping they will be traveling to Ray Jay and play at halftime, they are supp'd to be awesome.

thats a good point. Now that you mention it I'm really looking forward to that.