• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 3 scheduling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

I'm as excited as I usually am for the beginning of the season. I don't worry about the outside stuff. The only thing I hold myself responsible for is to support my team. End of it. It's not the end of the world like so many people wanna put it.

I agree with you, as I see it all I can do is provide my support and enjoy the games. USF employs people to handle our schedule and athletic department, I'm sure they are doing all they can to make is better

so many people here have no back bone. They panic for anything and everything. It makes me sick

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Its not panic in some cases. It's looking at the current situation USF is in, speculating on the future, and reasonably deducting the outlook is not bright (at this point) for USF. I wish I could keep my thoughts positive and give a hoorah! for USF's future but its pretty tough with the way everything is going.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

This very topic came up on our board, as well. We play FIU this year and the next two years after. That may be extended due to the Big 3 situation. UF won't play any return games and FSU and Miami won't be scheduling UCF or USF. In fact, the ACC probably won't be playing ANY Big East schools while they're trying to build their rep and plant themselves as one of the "Big 5" conferences. With the Big East so spread out, UCF is going to need to close OOC games and it looks like FIU/FAU will be looked at for future schedules. Probably not both in the same year, but home and home with one for two years and home and home with the other. It makes sense, but also forces UCF and USF possibly to resort to annual games with them. Sure we could look at other CUSA/SunBelt schools, too...but you get the point. I'm sure we'll have some Big 12, Big 10 and some SEC matchups here and there...but who knows whata they'll be able to schedule.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

The only chance of playing any of the three in a home-and-home is to land in the same conference as one of them, otherwise expect only away options for UF, and the rare home-and-home with either FSU and/or Miami.

Florida hates to play road games - they have not played an out-of-state non-conference games since 1992 when they went to the Carier Dome and lost.

Not that Florida hates to play road games, they don't need to. They can schedule Tallahassee JUCO and sell out and make a lot more than traveling to Tampa to play USF. They don't see any upside with playing USF neither does FSU or Miami any more. Both UCF and USF now sit in a position of being relegated to prevent us from stealing more of their fans, athletes, and future revenue. This is business, all these schools would lose if we continued to increase our on field performance and moved to another conference.

Welcome to the NEW BIG USA Conference.