• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greeting Bulls Fans!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

Now that it is official, I felt I should drop in and say hello from Boise, Idaho.

I am probably one of a few people that have deep ties to both schools. I am a BSU graduate that happened to be raised in Spring Hill. Its a long, long, long story, so please don't ask. I have a number of friends that attended USF and some that are still employed in various positions within the administration there. So, by proxy, I have been kept in informed of the progression of the Bulls from nothing in the late 90's to a very respectable program today. Not to say that it is perfect, but it takes time as an institution to instill the "it factor" in its athletic department. Some schools (hehehehe UCF never get "it") while others have had "it" for so long their fans don't even recognize it.

It has been a while since I've been back to the USF campus and am looking forward to making a trip at some point in the near future. My last visit was not at all enjoyable, I was at the Moffitt Center with my mother. So, I am indeed looking for a much more festive time during my next visit. I am a bit old school, remember getting $6.00 Bucs tickets and wandering down to near field level after about 3 mins into the games. Remember the bumper sticker.... "Help Tampa Bay, Dump McKay"? I was there during those years. Went and saw the Lightening at the dome in St. Pete play-off game against Philly..... that was a whole lotta fun. Heck, remember the Lightening playing at the fairgrounds their first few years too.

Ahhhh, the memories. But, I am excited to see my Broncos now a part of the Big East and whatever direction it goes from here is vastly superior to what we left behind. You will find those of us Bronco fans that travel or host any of you that come up here to be exceptional fans and very welcoming. Out internet base, well some leave a whole lot to be desired.

I just wanted to say hi and get to know you all and if you have any questions about BSU, Boise, or this area in general, please feel free to ask.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149

Its good to have you guys in the Big East! I might get some heat for saying this, but I rather have you guys any day then both Pitt and Cuse. You guys have great fans and I can't wait to visit the blue field! Nice shot at UCF btw hehe : )

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

welcome to the Club, Bronco. As much as we hated having to invite those mental midgets from Orlando, we are pleased to welcome BSU to the fold. Like I always say in sports, we will love you, until we hate you. Just a few questions:

1) Are smurfs a serious problem on your campus?

2) Is Idaho really a state or are you guys still a territory?

3) Do all Idahoans(?) carry assault weapons?

4) Have you ever seen a moose?

5) Are there really cute girls in Idaho?

6) and lastly, do you solemnly swear to beat the snot out of UCF, every time you play them?

Thank you for being brash enough to leave the WAC without having a soft landing spot for your other sports. It shows a level of commitment, not often seen in college athletics today.Have always liked your team, especially when they were whupping Virginia Tech(the rest of my family). Be well see ya in 2013.

Football_Smurf_Figure.jpg

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Welcome to the board Spring Hill Bronco... We'll play nice now - heck, there's nothing on the line for another year. However, we got our eyes on the smurf turf in the future and look forward to a drunken weekend in Idaho (honestly wish we could play you this season with our current roster - next year is definitely a rebuilding year). We have our share of fans that make a mockery of this board and our University with their childish antics and sexist posts, but who doesn't I suppose? You'll find we also have more classy posters as well... myself and Smazza among others. I guess the real question is... You got a sister?

Edited by The_Sheriff

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Ahhhh, the memories. But, I am excited to see my Broncos now a part of the Big East and whatever direction it goes from here is vastly superior to what we left behind. You will find those of us Bronco fans that travel or host any of you that come up here to be exceptional fans and very welcoming.

Had a chance to see the traveling fans up close and personal in the Atlanta airport last year coming back from South Bend. I was amazed at how many had traveled that far and also amazed at being around that many fans wearing orange and blue with no unpleasant odor accompanying them and not a jort or mullet in sight ...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Welcome to the board Spring Hill Bronco... We'll play nice now - heck, there's nothing on the line for another year. However, we got our eyes on the smurf turf in the future and look forward to a drunken weekend in Idaho (honestly wish we could play you this season with our current roster - next year is definitely a rebuilding year). We have our share of fans that make a mockery of this board and our University with their childish antics and sexist posts, but who doesn't I suppose? You'll find we also have more classy posters as well... myself and Smazza among others. I guess the real question is... You got a sister?

I LOL'd .... :rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Welcome. I think Boise fans will learn pretty quickly that the Big East is a lot harder than they thought.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

welcome to the Club, Bronco. As much as we hated having to invite those mental midgets from Orlando, we are pleased to welcome BSU to the fold. Like I always say in sports, we will love you, until we hate you. Just a few questions:

1) Are smurfs a serious problem on your campus?

2) Is Idaho really a state or are you guys still a territory?

3) Do all Idahoans(?) carry assault weapons?

4) Have you ever seen a moose?

5) Are there really cute girls in Idaho?

6) and lastly, do you solemnly swear to beat the snot out of UCF, every time you play them?

Thank you for being brash enough to leave the WAC without having a soft landing spot for your other sports. It shows a level of commitment, not often seen in college athletics today.Have always liked your team, especially when they were whupping Virginia Tech(the rest of my family). Be well see ya in 2013.

Ok, one at a time.... For the record we left the MWC not the WAC

First there are no smurfs, but ducks have been known to crash and burn on our beautiful blue field!

We actually are the 7th largest state in terms of land mass and have some of the greatest out door activities minutes from Boise metro area (650k in the metro area). A river running thru town and the campus has floating, fly fishing, and regular fishing, ski hill 40 mins away, and some of the best micro beer to be had.

Assault weapons...... no most cities and towns have relic laws from the 1800s that forbid gun possession within the town limits (I kid you not). But hunting and guns are a big part of who we are and what we do for fun.

Moose and women can go together....... yes and they are an endangered species.

UCF will be like any other team that doesn't come prepared to play BSU. I understand there are certain "mental deficiencies" that exist with those that live in and around Mickey Mouse land that tend to support fairy tales of all sorts.....

My sister lives in Pensacola and runs a BBQ joint there. She is a very typical "southern" gal and all that it implies. But, she is single and if you must I can always make an introduction.

In all seriousness tho, I do fully understand the reloading/rebuilding concept. We graduated EVERYONE last year and will have our growing pains this year. I suspect it will be early and often. We did get a kid from your neck of the woods who was an early enrollee and has shown promise at QB (Nick Patti, Dr. Phillips HS- Orlando) but it would be shocking if a true freshman won the spot. We've never had a true freshman starter. Kellen Moore was a red-shirt frosh, and the first time we'd had that too. We have a Miami kid, little spitfire of a DB that should be fun to watch this year, he was injured last year during the 4th game and had 4 ints at the time he went down. It should be an interesting year. A lot of people think that Coach Petersen is one of the best coaches in the country, he'll either prove them right or make them question themselves a bit. We open against Michigan State in East Lansing. It should be interesting.

As to the level of competition we will be facing, all I have to say to that is to ask you all a question. How would you as fans "get up" for teams you know year in and year out you are going to destroy by 30+ points? I will be exciting to NOT know the outcome of the game before it is played for a change. Frankly, that's why we travel to these big OCC games so well, finally there is something to get excited about. Its a shame that we won't play TCU any more, they have been the only team to play BSU close with any consistency. We're 2-2 against them in recent years.

Edited by Bronco69

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Assault weapons...... no most cities and towns have relic laws from the 1800s that forbid gun possession within the town limits (I kid you not). But hunting and guns are a big part of who we are and what we do for fun.

Moose and women can go together....... yes and they are an endangered species.

Ok, just a couple of follow ups. If Guns aren't allowed in city limits, How does one protect themselves from the moose(meice?), or the women for that matter? And the mooses and women that go together, is it the offspring that are endangered, the mousse or the women? I am up to my antlers in Muse questions I guess, but perhaps understandable for someone who goes by the name Bullwinkle.

Bullwinkle.gif

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome Bronco69.

Never introduce sis to The Sheriff.