• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"USF a possibility for ACC"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Essentially if the FSU to B12 thing happens, USF will obviously be seriously considered as a replacement. Will it happen? Who knows...

This is an obvious statement that's pretty much well known. It comes down to how much Florida presence does the ACC want sans-FSU (If FSU even leaves)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It can't hurt that our B-ball has become respectible again and that our Men's soccer is great.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

Essentially if the FSU to B12 thing happens, USF will obviously be seriously considered as a replacement. Will it happen? Who knows...

This is an obvious statement that's pretty much

well known. It comes down to how much Florida presence does the ACC want sans-FSU (If FSU even leaves)

I don't know if they would pursue a second team in Florida after hypothetically losing FSU. But, they should. With 12+, they would need two so every member can have access to Florida. And, it would probably retain legitimacy, especially as the Big 12 & SEC would each hypothetically have a presence in FL with stronger teams. So, two would compensate and maintain a Floridian and Southern culture in the ACC.

And, a silver lining for sad ACC fans: Tampa makes a more natural rival for Miami than Tallahassee does.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

now that big 5 ARE SET

and they squeezed out big east

no reason to reduce new big pie

now that big 5 ARE SET

and they squeezed out big east

no reason to reduce new big pie

What do you mean by the last sentence? Is it "no need to dilute the television contracts?"

If so, I think at least the Big 12 needs to expand-to its actual name. They need a larger audience and numerical parity with the other major conferences. 12-14 members is the new standard.

Also, if an addition's dilution of the pre-conferemce championship game tv contract is such a big deal, they can just receive a partial payout like I believe WVU temporarily is.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think adding Louisville or USF would be diluting the pie. These teams are more than capable of reaching elite status and having a continuous successful programs. The only thing Rutgers has going for them is market. Team will never win anything

I don't think adding Louisville or USF would be diluting the pie. These teams are more than capable of reaching elite status and having a continuous successful programs. The only thing Rutgers has going for them is market. Team will never win anything

Especially with their limited market exposure outside of Texas, and the SEC breaking into Texas-they need a presence in Florida.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I like our chances based upon our location more than anything else...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think if USF got into the B12 they would benefit big time. Yes, ACC makes more sense geographically. They would have a great home schedule bringing in more fans and recruiting would get better. I wonder how many people from Texas live in Tampa? We might be able to get more local recruits, especially from Armwood or Plant to stay. I am ok with B12 or ACC. Just want to get into a more stable conference. I just wish BE could be close to a premier conference since they did give us our chance to get into a BCS conference.

I still don't have high hopes for either conference at this point in time, but who knows what's going to happen