• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT Dante Phillips

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

we wouldn't want him because he wasn't committed to us. Its not like a transfer either that for w/e reason didn't work out at his original school and wants to come here. His case is that he was denied admission and now wants a fallback. we wouldn't want to be his fallback.

ultimately though its all speculation and he might end up coming to USF. Just stating my own opinion as to why USF wouldn't want him.

Prom queen didnt wanna go out with me in HS... didnt stop me from marrying her 5 years later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Seems like an interesting prospect, I'm sure the coaching staff is doing it's Due Diligence on this one...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

we wouldn't want him because he wasn't committed to us. Its not like a transfer either that for w/e reason didn't work out at his original school and wants to come here. His case is that he was denied admission and now wants a fallback. we wouldn't want to be his fallback.

ultimately though its all speculation and he might end up coming to USF. Just stating my own opinion as to why USF wouldn't want him.

Prom queen didnt wanna go out with me in HS... didnt stop me from marrying her 5 years later...

There's a difference between 5 years and 1 day, which is what this situation is.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If a school makes a public commitment to a student, that scholly should stand EVEN IF the athletic team they committed to no longer wants them.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150

There's a difference between 5 years and 1 day, which is what this situation is.

Well i'd have gone out with her the day after prom as well... lol. he didnt know till now he didnt get in... so obviously hes looking elsewhere. lets not thumb our noses at a good prospect because he picked the gators first...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

DT recruit Dante Phillips denied admission to UF

By Rachel George, Orlando Sentinel

12:26 p.m. EST, July 3, 2012

GAINESVILLE – With Florida's Summer B session starting on Monday, the football program is awaiting the arrival of three recruits.

At least one might not make it on to the team. Venice DT Dante Phillips has been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse but denied admission by UF.

pixel.gif

John Peacock, Phillips' high school coach, said that decision is being appealed this week.

Peacock had not spoke with UF officials, but said, "I just think it was overall what was on his transcript. He had a lot of classes he had to make up through virtual school."

A 6-foot-6, 265-pound tackle, Phillips chose Florida over Miami, USF and LSU. Peacock said Phillips would wait for the result of his appeal before looking elsewhere. He ranked 120th overall in Rivals.com's final 2012 class rankings.

http://articles.orla...-virtual-school

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

Well i'd have gone out with her the day after prom as well... lol. he didnt know till now he didnt get in... so obviously hes looking elsewhere. lets not thumb our noses at a good prospect because he picked the gators first...

lol don't get me wrong I'd take him too I was just giving perspective