• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good thing we didn't play Stony Brook in Baseball

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

They are 3 outs away from beating LSU at LSU for a trip to the CWS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Funny you posted this. I was thinking about the fact that Stony Brook has more CWS appearances than USF, yet they've been playing D1 baseball in NY (yes, NY) for about the same amount of years Prado has coached at USF. There's nothing wrong with a good Cinderella story... however they had seven players drafted this season. What is USF doing wrong on the diamond? Better yet, what is USF doing right on the diamond?

Being drafted in baseball really isn't that big of a deal. I think that there are over 30 rounds.

I'm hoping with the new facilities and the success of the ladies softball team, Prado will have a fire lit under his ass.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Being drafted in baseball really isn't that big of a deal. I think that there are over 30 rounds.

I'm hoping with the new facilities and the success of the ladies softball team, Prado will have a fire lit under his ass.

If its not a big deal then why did we only have 3 players drafted from a team with a lot of upper classmen??? Hmmmmmm

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If its not a big deal then why did we only have 3 players drafted from a team with a lot of upper classmen??? Hmmmmmm

I have several family members in the MLB; it is, but it is not that big of a deal. Just because you are drafted does not mean that you will ever step foot in uniform for that team as a starter. You have to get through the minors and then hope to make the active roster. Then, you have to play well enough to get negotiate a new agreement.

One got drafted right out of HS, made it through the minors, got to the pro's, flaked out, then won the Cy Young, and then was traded.....

Another, went to Auburn, drafted by the Yankees, blew out shoulder at Auburn, screwed up.....

All boils down to the level of talent you truly have, and getting drafted out of college is just another step....

Truly, good luck to them all, only gets harder from here...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

It shows raw talent level based on scouts perception..... We do not have much of it by the way. Pretty big honor to be drafted if you think about how many people play baseball. If you do not see that your crazy. Not a guarantee by any means you are going to make it to the big leagues. Some people do not even get drafted and make it to the Bigs. Obviously it is not an exact science. Unless your a complete stud IE Lance McCullers JR (he will be in the big leagues unless he gets hurt)....you have to catch some breaks to make it. Stoney Brook would mop the floor with our team, which is sad if you think about it..........

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I have several family members in the MLB; it is, but it is not that big of a deal. Just because you are drafted does not mean that you will ever step foot in uniform for that team as a starter. You have to get through the minors and then hope to make the active roster. Then, you have to play well enough to get negotiate a new agreement.

One got drafted right out of HS, made it through the minors, got to the pro's, flaked out, then won the Cy Young, and then was traded.....

Another, went to Auburn, drafted by the Yankees, blew out shoulder at Auburn, screwed up.....

All boils down to the level of talent you truly have, and getting drafted out of college is just another step....

Truly, good luck to them all, only gets harder from here...

Your relative that won the Cy Young - must have been Zack Greinke. Right?

Possibly becasue we sucked out loud? HMMMMMMMM...WTF??

It shows raw talent level based on scouts perception..... We do not have much of it by the way. Pretty big honor to be drafted if you think about how many people play baseball. If you do not see that your crazy. Not a guarantee by any means you are going to make it to the big leagues. Some people do not even get drafted and make it to the Bigs. Obviously it is not an exact science. Unless your a complete stud IE Lance McCullers JR (he will be in the big leagues unless he gets hurt)....you have to catch some breaks to make it. Stoney Brook would mop the floor with our team, which is sad if you think about it..........

40 rounds it's not the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLS that have much shorter drafts. Is it an honor? Of course it is. Is it based on the playing ability of the kid at that given time? Not so much. So to use it to compare to collegiate teams is pointless. The MLB amatuer draft is much like NSD, can't miss kids may suck, 1 star kids may shine.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

40 rounds it's not the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLS that have much shorter drafts. Is it an honor? Of course it is. Is it based on the playing ability of the kid at that given time? Not so much. So to use it to compare to collegiate teams is pointless. The MLB amatuer draft is much like NSD, can't miss kids may suck, 1 star kids may shine.

True but college kids are more refined as players(supposed to be with proper coaching at least), so it is a little bit on an indicator as to a college teams talent level. Hence Stony Brook's 7 draftees.

Edited by jg