• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF hoops hosts Georgia in Big East-SEC Challenge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So does this mean our first men's basketball game in the new Dome is against UGA?

Not likely. The season starts about the 2nd week of November, so unless we play all road games those first 2/3 weeks this is just a home game (but a very nice, attractive home game).

I'd figure there will be an exhibition at Tampa (kindly repay them for letting us use their court for a few months) and then we'll have the season & home opener around November 10-15.

Plus, when they announce the opener, they will make sure we know it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

exciting time for usf basketball

something to build on

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

what day of the week is UGA game?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Think it's a Friday bc it's the day before our football game

Think it's a Friday bc it's the day before our football game

You would think that would be sound logic, but since the four letter network started writing the Big East schedules, I'm not sure what day of the week college football is played anymore.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

So does this mean our first men's basketball game in the new Dome is against UGA?

Not likely. The season starts about the 2nd week of November, so unless we play all road games those first 2/3 weeks this is just a home game (but a very nice, attractive home game).

I'd figure there will be an exhibition at Tampa (kindly repay them for letting us use their court for a few months) and then we'll have the season & home opener around November 10-15.

Plus, when they announce the opener, they will make sure we know it.

Hopefully the rumors of hosting Michigan State for the home opener prove true. That would be a great start to the new dome.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

Thought the Michigan State rumors were shot down already??

Haven't been following it closely. If so then it stinks, but I couldn't blame us for wanting to schedule someone easier, for us not wanting to pay Sparty to come on down (because I'd bet there'd be a cash consideration), and also for Sparty if they don't want to play a tourney team from last year right during the first week.

Wouldn't be surprised if we schedule UCF, though a game against UF or FSU would be a real big draw too.

Thought the Michigan State rumors were shot down already??

Haven't been following it closely. If so then it stinks, but I couldn't blame us for wanting to schedule someone easier, for us not wanting to pay Sparty to come on down (because I'd bet there'd be a cash consideration), and also for Sparty if they don't want to play a tourney team from last year right during the first week.

Wouldn't be surprised if we schedule UCF, though a game against UF or FSU would be a real big draw too.

Michigan State rumors have been shot down by McGillis via twitter. That may not sound convincing, but I trust the man.

UCF will not do it because it's a one and done deal before we start conference play.

Florida won't play us plus we wouldn't want half of OUR arena on opening night wearing orange and blue. Ditto for FSU.

The other rumor I've heard is Duke since they opened the dome the first time, but I'm not holding my breath on it.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Duke would be sweet or most other ACC teams. Wouldn't mind scheduling a name that we have a better chance of winning against.