• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fathead or Stencil help

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Just repainting the office at home in Bulls colors; 1 wall green the other 3 in gold. Looks good so far.

Would love to put the iconic U on one of the walls. Went to the fathead site and they don't recommend putting their stuff on textured walls. So I need some advice and help.

Has anyone tried putting a fathead on a wall with orange peel texture and did it work out?

If that turns out not to be an option, does anyone know where to get a stencil or can anyone make a stencil of the iconic U or paint one on freehand? We are not artists and can't do things freehand. If anyone has done that before, I'd be willing to pay for either the stencil or to have someone paint it on our wall.

I've thought about painting a thin piece of plywood, then applying the fathead to that, and then mounting that on the wall. Not quite sure how that would look however.

Any advice/help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 ideas: put the fathead on the plywood (or foam), then cut it to fit the fathead and it'll "pop" or put the fathead up, trace around it, then paint the tracing (and then you can still put the fathead elsewhere)

• Upvote 1

2 ideas: put the fathead on the plywood (or foam), then cut it to fit the fathead and it'll "pop" or put the fathead up, trace around it, then paint the tracing (and then you can still put the fathead elsewhere)

I like the way you think. Do you have any idea if these fatheads are "reusable", ie. once you put it up can it be taken down and reapplied?

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

They're supposed to be re-usable. If you want to paint you can get an overhead projector and project the U on the wall and then paint it.

I like the way you think. Do you have any idea if these fatheads are "reusable", ie. once you put it up can it be taken down and reapplied?

Thanks.

Yuppers. http://www.fathead.com/faq/

They've got something called a street grip now, that's designed for concrete/ asphalt. It's permanent, but might do what you want.

They also do foam-backed heads - if you ask them, they might do a foam backed :iconic_u_black:

Thanks.

They've got something called a street grip now, that's designed for concrete/ asphalt. It's permanent, but might do what you want.

They also do foam-backed heads - if you ask them, they might do a foam backed :iconic_u_black:

Didn't see USF being available for the street grip. Looked through all the categories and the iconic U was the only USF gear that I found on their site.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Paint is also a lot cheaper.

Paint is also a lot cheaper.

Agree. But need someone with artistic ability. My stick figures look poor.

Thanks.

Didn't see USF being available for the street grip. Looked through all the categories and the iconic U was the only USF gear that I found on their site.

That's why I said call asn ask - I think they can do just about anythign as a custom quote.

Thanks.

That's why I said call asn ask - I think they can do just about anythign as a custom quote.

Well, if only I paid attention to what I was reading. Must be the paint fumes. The green wall got done yesterday and the gold walls are drying around me. Really look great as they dry.