• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2012 PG Khari Price

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Has chosen the offer of the Dayton Flyers over the offers of USF and others.

PT and fan support played a huge part in his decision. UCLA and Seton Hall also had offered scholarships to Price as well. Read the entire article and tell and he sounds alot like Collins except Price already has a deep jumper.

University of Dayton basketball coach Archie Miller is offering instant playing time to every high school senior guard he’s recruiting, and it’s not just an idle promise.

The Flyers have only two guards in the program and need immediate help. Knowing a prime opportunity was awaiting him, Khari Price of Slidell, La., accepted a scholarship offer from Miller on Tuesday, choosing UD over South Florida, Western Kentucky, Troy and TCU.

“That was a part of my decision with the playing time opening up. I just want to help these guys get to a championship and do what I can,†Price said.

“It was playing time and the fact that they get 13,000 in the stands every game. The city and the school supports them every night.â€

The 6-foot point guard averaged 18.2 points and was a Class 4A second-team all-state pick. He helped tradition-rich Salmen High School to the state quarterfinals and a 27-6 record.

The Flyers didn’t start recruiting Price until they cut ties with senior point guard Jevon Thomas of New York City about a month ago. UD assistant Tom Ostrom called Price’s AAU coach, Troy Deemer of the Big Easy Elite, and Price made an official visit last weekend.

“I was still wide open with my decision on the college thing, and they got in at the right time,†he said. “When I came through (the UD campus), it was definitely a beautiful sight to see.â€

Asked what Price does best, Deemer said: “Control the team. He’s a general. He’s a little general.

“He’s going to be a good, family-oriented kid and bring a lot of enthusiasm to the program. ... He’s going to do real well. He’s a steal. Dayton got a steal. I can give you maybe 75 schools — South Florida, Tulsa, Mississippi State, Western Kentucky, Troy, Troy State — they all wanted him.â€

A scouting report on Rivals.com said: “Khari (pronounced CAR-ee) is super quick and athletic but what makes him so good is that he finishes at the rim and has very deep range on his jump shot.

He is also a good distributor, especially on the fast break while drawing in multiple defenders.â€

UD senior-to-be Kevin Dillard will be back at point guard, while Georgetown transfer Vee Sanford is expected to start at the 2 spot. Price can back up either position.

“I would describe me as a mini-version of Chris Paul,†he said. “If I need to score, I’ll score. If I need to pass, I’ll pass. I’ll play defense every night, night in and night out. I’ll just do what it takes to win basketball games.â€

http://www.springfie...rs-1365268.html

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

He is also a good distributor, especially on the fast break while drawing in multiple defenders.

What's a fast break? :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,708
  • Days Won:  424

PT and fan support played a huge part in his decision.

Any pg with that criteria playing a huge part in his decision won't be coming here this year ...

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Right now....any PG looking to come here....is probably looking at 10-15 minutes a game at most but would have a lot more if AC were to go down injured.

Personally, I don't think getting the chance to play for a BE team that would just in the NCAA tournament for 10-15 minutes a game as a true freshman is really a bad deal. Most true freshman out of HS don't play at all their 1st season.

Archived