• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

entered Not Guilty plea, anyone know if this is a bad thing, why didn't he plea no contest?? i mean, we all know it happened

http://bulls.tbo.com/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

He entered a written no-contest plea on Tuesday:

USF Recruit Receives 6 Months Of Probation

Published: Mar 9, 2005

TAMPA - South Florida's highly touted quarterback recruit Carlton Hill received six months of non-reporting probation Tuesday after entering a written no-contest plea to misdemeanor charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, his attorney said.

Hill was charged after being caught having consensual sex at Monticello Jefferson County High School with a 16-year-old female on Feb. 16. Hill also must perform 25 hours of community service, pay $190 in court costs and can have no contact with the female.

``The Carlton Hill saga is over,'' attorney David Collins said. ``Adjudication was withheld so there will be no formal record.''

Since Hill's 10-day suspension from school ended last week, he has been attending an ``opportunity school.''

``This will allow him to fully complete his education and graduate,'' Collins said.

Jefferson County's school board meets Monday and at that time County Superintendent Phil Barker may reinstate Hill to Jefferson County High School or decide if further punishment is warranted for Hill, rated among the nation's top quarterbacks.

< SOUTH CAROLINA: Defensive lineman Moe Thompson surrendered to police Tuesday, nearly a week after a warrant was issued for his arrest.

He turned himself in at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center, university spokesman Russ McKinney said. The player was scheduled for a bond hearing today.

Thompson and teammate Kevin Mainord broke into at least one dorm room and took several items, including a television and DVD player, police said. Thompson is charged with two counts of burglary and three counts of petty larceny, McKinney said.< <

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBSSVH336E.html

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Getting into a fight as a kid doesn't make someone a thug.  

no but the fact he was haning with the wrong crowd and struggling in school does not bring a smile of joy to my face.

Guest S. &nbsp;Bien

no but the fact he was haning with the wrong crowd and struggling in school does not bring a smile of joy to my face.

He was in 7th grade, and 14 years old.  That was five years ago.  It might not bring a smile to your face, but the fact he's gone five years without an incident until this recent goofball situation should bring a small grin.  Especially since most people now consider Hill a sterling citizen with a great reputation.

People can change and turn things around, especially when they're only 14!

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

hopefully you guys are correct. However, IMO the jury is still out and he will have to prove himself to be this "model" citizen.

The fact that he is now 19 and still making bad decisions doesn't leave me feeling like VG the eternal optimist ;D

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

anymore problems from him

i would move on

zero tolerance

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

USF Football Recruit Hill Won't Be Penalized Further

Published: Mar 15, 2005

TAMPA - Monticello Jefferson County's school board Monday voted not to punish South Florida recruit Carlton Hill any more for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Hill initially received a 10- day suspension after he was caught having consensual sex at Jefferson County High School with a 16-year-old female on Feb. 16. He completed his suspension two weeks ago and was assigned to an ``opportunity school.''

County Superintendent Phil Barker said Hill would remain at the ``opportunity school'' where he can fulfill all the requirements needed to graduate.

Rated among the nation's top quarterbacks, Hill also received six months of non-reporting probation March 8 after pleading no contest to misdemeanor charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBJ93GNB6E.html

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Hopefully he will fufill the obligations of his probation without a hitch.